How To Write On Any Genre?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Positiveminds7
Currently Reading: Jesus -- from Birth to Baptism
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-positiveminds7.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

How To Write On Any Genre?

Post by Positiveminds7 »

I personally bеliеvе thаt thе mаking оf аnу tуре оf writеr, whо iѕ асtuаllу a writеr, tаkеѕ hаrd wоrk, tоnѕ of rеаding, аnd рilеѕ оf writing. Anуоnе nоt diѕсоurаgеd аnd still dеtеrminеd to gо the соurѕе hаѕ a chance оf bесоming a truе writer. I hаvе rеаd a lot оf nоn-fiсtiоn books аnd i hаvе written a fеw, ѕо already, writing iѕ mу hоbbу аnd the motivation bеhind why i joined the сlub. Learning iѕ nеvеr ending аnd I рlаn to еxtеnd my reading аnd writing to other genre. I believe рrоfеѕѕiоnаl writing iѕ a multi-genre аррrоасh thаt includes ѕеvеrаl diѕсiрlinеѕ likе fiction, nоn-fiсtiоn, ѕuѕреnѕе, роеtrу, writing fоr ѕсrееn, story writing fоr сhildrеn, еtс. Are there any professional tips on hоw to writе оn аlmоѕt еvеrу gеnrе?
NRoach
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nroach.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NRoach »

There are more tips on writing professionally in any given genre than I think anyone could ever hope to read. In light of that, you'd probably find more success looking for specific genre tips, one at a time.

Non-fiction, prose, poetry, and all of their subdivisions are vastly different disciplines, and I'd recommend starting with a smaller skill than the whole of writing. Walk before you run and all that.
Positiveminds7
Currently Reading: Jesus -- from Birth to Baptism
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-positiveminds7.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Positiveminds7 »

Hi NRoach, thanks for your comments and advice. Concentrating on a particular genre at a time will bring more success to my career and also improve my writing skill. That's a point I have noted down. I like non-fiction books and I plan to read more of it. Thanks.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3018
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Yes, there are several tips and I believe that for the non-fiction genre, it will have to involve a lot of research work if you are writing with reference to the history of a particular person or event to avoid misrepresenting facts which may make a reader begin doubting the credibility of the work. I also love non-fiction work a lot and would be glad to read some of yours soon. All the very best.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

I have quite a few short stories posted here and before writing them I set myself the challenge of trying to write each one in a different genre. I found that to succeed to a level in which I am not disappointed with what I have written I have to completely immerse myself into the setting and the mindset of the characters. Once I put myself "in character" so to speak the rest seems to flow quite smoothly.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Reading all sort of books is the best way to become a writer in all genres. With more reading, you will get used to various styles and you will get plenty of new and old ideas to work on or turn them into completely new stories
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:

Return to “Writing Discussion”