Do your hands hurt when your write?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Terri2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Do your hands hurt when your write?

Post by Terri2 »

Do your hands hurt when your write a lot? Do they hurt when you write by hand? Do they hurt when you type?

What do you do to try and keep them from hurting or cramping?
awelker

Post by awelker »

my hands only hurt when i write by hand and when ive done a lot of it. thank god i only have 2 classes where i write a lot. i really can't get it to stop, what do you guys do?
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
kaytie

Post by kaytie »

My hands hurt when I write by hand.

They don't hurt when I type anymore because I've got my desk, chair and keyboard ergonomically set. This is what happens when you work in a high tech company--you get used to things feeling right. :)
Linda

Post by Linda »

mine never hurt...im a little like edward scissor hands...except my hands aren't scissors...but im so awsome that its like their made of steal, so they never hurt. someone comeover and watch that movie with me. now.
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"
awelker

Post by awelker »

i would if you didn't live in NY and me in MI. Its a sweet movie!
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

Linda

Post by Linda »

we'll be in the desert soon enough...no worries lol
awelker

Post by awelker »

sounds like fun. im counting down the days.

knightss

Post by knightss »

i would.. but then you'd have to let me out of the basement :(
"Words can be like x-rays, if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Huxely
Linda

Post by Linda »

nah i'll just bring the tv downstairs :D
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

My hands hurt when I write in English, but not in Russian. I have Multiple Sclerosis so both are painful. I need a good voice program so I can speak stories and chapters into my computer for when I am not feeling well. Help would be good :D
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
awelker

Post by awelker »

Rowan wrote:My hands hurt when I write in English, but not in Russian. I have Multiple Sclerosis so both are painful. I need a good voice program so I can speak stories and chapters into my computer for when I am not feeling well. Help would be good :D
Your Russian? Hey so am I!!! How cool.

Anna

Post by Anna »

Make that three of us. Privet!
________
Chevy Specs
Last edited by Anna on 24 Feb 2011, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

awelker wrote:
Rowan wrote:My hands hurt when I write in English, but not in Russian. I have Multiple Sclerosis so both are painful. I need a good voice program so I can speak stories and chapters into my computer for when I am not feeling well. Help would be good :D
Your Russian? Hey so am I!!! How cool.
I am a bit of Russian Jew - the one side were Russian jewlers and my grandad moved to Iowa and started a grocery store. He died five years before I was born, but my other granddad and all my great aunts hated the grocer because he overcharged during the depression.
awelker

Post by awelker »

wanna hear something? my great-great grandfather was a personal bodyguard for Nicholas the czar! before i knew about this i was obsessed with the Romenov family. i thought that it was kinda cool.

Rowan

Post by Rowan »

See that is cool. I am so jealous. God, that would have been a great inspiration! My dad was always obsessed with the Nazi SS and with the Romanovs. He is a history buff as well. I knew I had the bug when I picked up Helter Skelter in the third grade - problems from my teacher were constant. She wanted me to read the Berenstein Bears and I laughed at her.

Return to “Writing Discussion”