Thinking of writing.

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Thinking of writing.

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

I have had it on my mind for a while now. I have so many ideas for books, but I am nervous. I do not know the first thing about writing a book. I have the ideas but I do not know where to start. I don’t even know what to do once I’m finished. Any and all tips please.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

It may help to create an outline for your story that serves as the foundation. Not everyone follows their outline strictly but doing one should give you a better idea of how the story could play out.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

To write a book, I feel one must have an outline or a designated arrangement of how the book will be written. This gives you direction and make things easy for you. No one just enters the road without a plan. Produce your outline and let it guide you on writing that book.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

Writing a book is not too easy unless you have a plan on how the book will be written. Therefore, one of the most important things to note before you start is the topic. After getting the topic, you then plan on how the book will be arranged. What comes before what. This is also known as the outline. With this, your book writing journey will be easier.

Return to “Writing Discussion”