If you ever published a novel, who would you dedicate it to?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
akhreader
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akhreader.html

Re: If you ever published a novel, who would you dedicate it

Post by akhreader »

Mom and Dad. They are two of the most amazing people I know and have always been there for me.

-- 10 Mar 2015, 20:37 --

Mom and Dad. They are two of the most amazing people I know and have always been there for me.
Jenniferabk
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenniferabk.html

Post by Jenniferabk »

I would dedicate my work to supportive but honest people, whether they were family or friends or even strangers because kind words do not build up to anything but criticism and true opinion do and that's what one special person has taught me.
ContessaGabriella24

Post by ContessaGabriella24 »

For me, alot of my creativity is due to my Mom, but then who isnt inspired by their mothers and they have learned from them~ she was and will always be a great source of inspiration to me... ( Im an only child and she passed a few years ago)
JazzyKim1
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by JazzyKim1 »

I dedicated my 1st book to my parents, grandparents, and husband. These are the most important people to me and have influenced my life in such a big way.
OnCloudCassie
Favorite Author: Myles Munroe
Currently Reading: Ladies Night
Bookshelf Size: 36
fav_author_id: 14159

Post by OnCloudCassie »

My Mom and my Sister!
faeryfyre
Bookshelf Size: 38

Post by faeryfyre »

Everyone who reads it. That's who it's for, anyway.
authorrustynugent
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9452">Star Wars Return of the jedi</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by authorrustynugent »

I dedicated both my published books to my girlfriend because she helped me write them with story plot when I get stuck. So, she has helped me out a lot. And I dedicated my last book to my departed Mother also. I also thank her cousin for drawing three pieces of artwork for each part of the books. (^_^)
wmsvensen

Post by wmsvensen »

My first book I dedicated to my father, who'd died of cancer several years before.

My second book is dedicated to my grandfather, because he served as partial inspiration for one of the characters and because he currently has inoperable brain cancer.

I'm hoping I'll be able to dedicate my third book to someone who isn't a dead or dying family member.
johappy
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Matched</a>
Currently Reading: Into Thin Air
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johappy.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by johappy »

First of all, I'd want to dedicate it to my close friend who helps me with my stories and writer's block. If I were to publish a new story, I'd dedicate it to others who supported me, or maybe something random that gave me inspiration.
MaySage

Post by MaySage »

I'm at the point in the publishing process when I have to make up my mind... and it ain't easy. But it's probably going to end up being my biggest supporter
Emmers00
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmers00.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Emmers00 »

My mother, because I couldn't have asked of a better one.
Who being loved, is poor?-Mother Theresa
BarbaraE
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by BarbaraE »

I already published two novels. I dedicated my first novel to Paula Danziger, a children's author who inspired me to write the novel. She gave me the tools to use to write a novel for children and young adults. She encouraged me when I saw her to continue to write it. Unfortunately she was not here to see it published.

I dedicated my second novel to my husband. It was about his heart attack and subsequent bypass surgery and it was inspired by his sudden heart attack and the aftermath. He also unfortunately was not around to see this novel either. But I think he would have been very happy to have my book dedicated to him.

For my third novel, which is a sequel to my first novel I have no idea who I will dedicate it to, but maybe it will be to my daughters, who have helped me to find my way back to the world when my husband passed away. I actually joined this forum last year in June a month after his passing and I forgot about it really until now. This is an interesting question.
heidiodie123

Post by heidiodie123 »

I'm in the process of writing my first novel, and I plan on dedicating it to my fiance and my children for always being there and believing in me; and to my high school English teacher who first encouraged me to fall in love with reading Shakespeare and who always encouraged me to follow my dreams to become an author.
~H
Threadend
Favorite Author: Sylvia Plath
Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Vol. 1
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-threadend.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 7000

Post by Threadend »

When I self published my first novel I dedicated it to my brother and sister as well as my first grade teacher who helped me with my dyslexia and allowed me to see what a gift reading and writing could be. If I ever get published, I'll be dedicating it to my mom and my best friend.
moderntimes
Favorite Author: James Joyce
Favorite Book: Ulysses by James Joyce
Currently Reading: Grendel by John Gardner
fav_author_id: 2516

Post by moderntimes »

I've recently been very lucky. I submitted my new private detective novel to a mid-size publisher and not only has the publisher contracted for this book, but will print and e-book the first 2 novels as well. So... here are my dedications, and realize that these are modern American private eye stories, and these are the dedications which will appear:

Dedication pages for the 3 novels, in chronological order: Blood Spiral, Blood Storm, Blood Vengeance.

Blood Spiral

To those icons of mystery fiction, Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler, who started it all for us American mystery writers.

To the present day greats who continued the tradition: Robert B. Parker with his literate and sarcastic Spenser, Bill Pronzini with his dedicated, moral Nameless, and Robert Crais with his ever-petulant Elvis Cole.

Blood Storm

Many thanks to my friends and family who encouraged and supported me when I was struggling with indecision on my novels.

Greatest appreciation to Bill Pronzini and Robert Crais for providing me such illustrious targets and goals toward which I could endeavor to aim.

Blood Vengeance

Eternal thanks to my parents for instilling in me a love of literature and providing me the freedom to pursue my dreams.

Appreciation to my pals on the gun forum for their support and assistance on such diverse minutiae as firearms, sailboats, law enforcement procedures and many other topics. Special thanks to “Orchidman” for persuading me to create my Kiwi trauma surgeon from hell, Dr. Alice Colhoun, and for helping me devise her biographical thread. And appreciation to “Teach” for his advice, and to Dan Chamberlain for his excellent recommendations and fine examples in his own novels.

Many thanks for the great help from the folks at (the publisher's name) for getting the Mitch King stories before the readers.

Thanks to Bill Pronzini for his encouragement and kind words.

And always, to the one who provides love and joy for each day, the wonderful woman in my life.
"Ineluctable modality of the visible..."

Return to “Writing Discussion”