Experience with plagiarism?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
eastandalchemy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
Latest Review: Sir, I'm Not That Kind of Girl! by Mary Lynn Archibald
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Experience with plagiarism?

Post by eastandalchemy »

I know the feeling! I'm deep in a project myself and keep finding myself reading books outside the genre I'm working within (which can be helpful in small doses as you mentioned). I read a lot of books exploring ideas related to higher consciousness, but not exclusively about the noosphere. Some of my favorites are How to Know Higher Worlds by Rudolph Steiner, Vibrational Medicine by Richard Gerber, and Journey of the Souls by Michael Newton. I'm currently rereading The Nature of Personal Reality by Jane Roberts, it's been ages since I read that one :)
eastandalchemy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
Latest Review: Sir, I'm Not That Kind of Girl! by Mary Lynn Archibald
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eastandalchemy »

GalmOne wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 09:30 This does sound like it! However, I cannot recommend anything great about the noosphere or similar concepts, I've only read superficial things about it (like wikipedia articles, or references to it in works of fiction)... but this is actually quite the idea. I've recently been mostly reading things that allow me to flesh out the world in which my novel project happens, and I wasn't planning to involve the concept of noosphere in it, but reading or watching something good about it might be a nice change of pace... and might plant the seeds of other stories to develop, should I ever finish this one!

And what about you, did you ever read something interesting about this topic?
I know the feeling! I'm deep in a project myself and keep finding myself reading books outside the genre I'm working within (which can be helpful in small doses as you mentioned). I read a lot of books exploring ideas related to higher consciousness, but not exclusively about the noosphere. Some of my favorites are How to Know Higher Worlds by Rudolph Steiner, Vibrational Medicine by Richard Gerber, and Journey of the Souls by Michael Newton. I'm currently rereading The Nature of Personal Reality by Jane Roberts, it's been ages since I read that one
GalmOne
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by GalmOne »

eastandalchemy wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 12:15
I know the feeling! I'm deep in a project myself and keep finding myself reading books outside the genre I'm working within (which can be helpful in small doses as you mentioned). I read a lot of books exploring ideas related to higher consciousness, but not exclusively about the noosphere. Some of my favorites are How to Know Higher Worlds by Rudolph Steiner, Vibrational Medicine by Richard Gerber, and Journey of the Souls by Michael Newton. I'm currently rereading The Nature of Personal Reality by Jane Roberts, it's been ages since I read that one
Thanks for the lot of recommendations, that's enough to keep me busy for a while! Plus, these alternative theories are something I'm not familiar with at all, and seem like a fascinating universe to discover in general. I've heard Rudolph Steiner's name somewhere else, but I can't put my finger on it...
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

No, I haven't. But I often have this paranoia that I might be plagiarising some people. I think there are many ideas and plotlines already explored by stories written by other authors. And I might accidentally overlap with some of them.

Return to “Writing Discussion”