Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.
If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.
If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 03 May 2019, 07:33
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 16
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskins.html
- Latest Review: Arsenic and Old Men by Glenn Ickler
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 23:03
- Currently Reading: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
- Bookshelf Size: 14
- Nisha Ward
- Posts: 1185
- Joined: 04 Feb 2019, 15:00
- 2019 Reading Goal: 40
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 65
- Favorite Book: A Murder is Announced
- Currently Reading: Breach
- Bookshelf Size: 194
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
- Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide to Zombies by Dave Robertson
- Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 23 Apr 2017, 17:44
- Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
- Bookshelf Size: 1019
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitelotus.html
- Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
You already have a degree on the subject, so you clearly know your stuff. In the initial stages you should not worry about whether your writing is good or not, but just on getting an outline, and then the content, out on a page.
Particularly with a self-help book, I feel like you shouldn't be overly conscious of your writing, because you don't need pretty prose; you need clear, helpful content (that preferably doesn't sound like a textbook ).
I think if you work on getting all the information down first, ignoring all the nagging little voices by telling them you're just gathering the content in one place, the rest might come naturally.
- Amanda Howard
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 27 Apr 2019, 23:09
- Currently Reading: Wishes and Wellingtons
- Bookshelf Size: 117
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-howard.html
- Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen
- Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
- Jeonju Sil
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 08 Jul 2018, 10:35
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 9