Do Your Dreams Inspire You?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Sofia____
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Do Your Dreams Inspire You?

Post by Sofia____ »

Dreams are very significant to me. I try and remember my dreams as much as i can because they do have somewhat of a meaning to them. I write them down as much as i can without leaving any detail behind. I have always wanted to write some stories based on my dreams, but i have a writers block because 1: theres so much you can remember in the dream and 2: this may seem weird to you but i feel as if i am cheating on my dream? Meaning that i am trying to finish off a story without even knowing if that would have happened to begin with. Theres so many paths it can take, so i am still debating about it. Also 3: I feel as if dreams are personal aswell, you are connected with them more than others, so i dont think it is highly recommended as you are not going to get the same energy as you would feel for that dream.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Yes am inspired by my dreams cause you get fresh topics sometimes through dreams.
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

Oh yes, Sovereign Eyes (in fact the whole series I'm starting) was based on a dream.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-123.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Aisha_123 »

If you count day dreams, yes, a few of them do.
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

Absolutely! I even kept a small journal just in case I dreamt up something awesome. I even drew some illustration for me to remember all the imagery.

Return to “Writing Discussion”