Official Review: Temptation Trials Rebellion by B. Truly

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Official Review: Temptation Trials Rebellion by B. Truly

Post by Mouricia Allen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Temptation Trials Rebellion" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Temptation Trials Rebellion by B. Truly is a dystopian romance novel. It is about a society in which the government chooses who you will marry once you turn 21 years old. You do not have a choice and any relationships formed before that age will not be taken into consideration. If you commit adultery, you will be punished, and divorce is not allowed.

A tournament of sorts has been created, where a selected few go to an island and perform various acts in order to win the right to choose who they will marry. Things don't always go the way we want them to, and the characters experience this truth first hand.

What I liked most about this book was that the writing seemed very professional. I also liked how interesting the storyline was, and I kept wanting to read more to see how it would end. There was a twist in the novel that I loved, but cannot talk about for fear of it being a spoiler, and for that, I thank the author.

What I disliked the most was how fast everything seemed to be moving; where a few days or weeks passed once you flip the page. My biggest issue with the plot is just how quickly the contestants developed feelings for each other, especially since they were supposed to already be in love with other people. It felt a bit too unrealistic and forced to me; a bit like things happened just because they could.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It would have gotten a 4 out of 4 if I didn't think it was a little too on the nose at some points. It is a good book and is well edited. I saw only one typo throughout the entire book and no formatting issues. I had no significant problems when I was reading it, just a few things plot details I didn't like. I liked how short it was. It is a perfect weekend novel. I would recommend this book to readers who love dystopian novels. This book has a lot of mature content, and I would not recommend it for children under the age of 16.

Temptation Trials Rebellion
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mouricia25's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I know Ms. Truly has written several of these Temptation Trials novels. I wonder where this one fits in the scheme of things. I do enjoy a good dystopian novel, but the mature content has me staying away from this series. Thanks, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I enjoyed your review. I have never read a romance like this one before. I will be adding this to my shelves.
aribear
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aribear »

This sounds like it could be a nice book to read. I wish it wasn't rushed though.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I don't enjoy either romance or dystopian books, so I'm doubly not interested in yet another YA tome wherein there's a competition where things go awry.
Brendan Donaghy
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

I hadn't come across the Temptation series before, as I don't go looking for dystopian fiction. The idea of the different books written from a different POV is innovative. This was sounds like a good addition to the series. Thanks for your review!
Janalyn101
Favorite Book: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janalyn101.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Janalyn101 »

Thank you for the note spoiler. This was a really great review. I too don’t like how fast they fell in love, but I put it up to the fact that they are not allowed that often in their regular life. So if they fall in love quickly it’s probably because this is their only opportunity. I guess? Thanks for the great review!
cpru68
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

This is too much like the Bachelor/Bachelorette for me, and I am not interested in something that seems not to be a deep book. Plus, isn’t this one part of a series, so is this the first book or is it a sequel? At any rate, I enjoyed your review for more information, but I just can’t bring myself to read this one.
Everything happens for a reason...
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

What I disliked the most was how fast everything seemed to be moving; where a few days or weeks passed once you flip the page. My biggest issue with the plot is just how quickly the contestants developed feelings for each other, especially since they were supposed to already be in love with other people. It felt a bit too unrealistic and forced to me; a bit like things happened just because they could.
Unfortunately, this is very common when authors write romance and, I agree, is unrealistic and can lead to the reader to disengage from the story.
The premise of the plot seems very interesting and, even though I don't usually enjoy dystopian novels, I might give this one a chance.
Thank you for your great review!
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

Temptation Trials Rebellion by B. Truly sounds like one of those great books a reader can't overlook. The book is a dystopian romance novel about a society in which the government chooses who you will marry once you turn 21 years old. Sounds so ironical! Great review.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

This sounds like an interesting concept with the reality show and the rules about relationships. The author sounds very creative. This was an informative review.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

It makes me think of a show called Temptation Island that aired a few years back. This sounds like an interesting premise because this is the only way people will be able to choose who they marry if they win this tournament. I wonder what will happen? Great review!
Akinsemoyin Adeola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinsemoyin-adeola.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Akinsemoyin Adeola »

This is kind of new to me and I would have loved to read if it didn't have a lot of mature content, who knows, I might just change my mind in future. Kudos on a well written review.
Lila Randhawa
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lila-randhawa.html
Latest Review: Conversing with Various Entities by Mary Ellen Wall

Post by Lila Randhawa »

I generally like romance novels. I agree with your views on fast moving romance, it seems unreal and unlikely to last. The premise sounds interesting. I would give it a shot. Thanks for the review.
Shelly Caetano
Currently Reading: Altered Carbon
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelly-caetano.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Shelly Caetano »

I love dystopian novels. The concept sounds interesting. I got this for free on amazon so I will give it a try. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”