Thirty-three going on Girlfriend by Becky Monson

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jax14
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Thursday Murder Club
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jax14.html
Latest Review: Lost on the Edge of Eternity by Jonathan Floyd
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 2
fav_author_id: 2376

Thirty-three going on Girlfriend by Becky Monson

Post by Jax14 »

Thirty-three going on Girlfriend is the second book in the Spinster series but can be read as a standalone novel.

Julia could not be more irritated. Her sister Anna is getting married to the annoying Jonathon and Anna is driving her nuts about every wedding detail. Each “wedding disaster” text is turning out to be a false alarm and Julia has other things on her mind. For one she is due to appear on “Cupcake Battles” after an audition tape was sent in sharing a very different side of her. Another is that her gorgeous boyfriend Jared is acting very strangely and Julia is starting to feel that wedding bells will never be in her future. Everything just seems to be happening at the same time – how will she cope?

The novel is a light-hearted and fun read that could be consumed comfortably in one sitting. At times I really felt for Julia and at times I wanted to smack some sense into her. The author has injected some wonderfully humorous situations into the book and anyone who has prepared for a wedding or been in a wedding party can definitely empathise. There were a few editing mistakes but nothing to detract from the story.

I’d recommend the book for those who enjoy a bit of romance along with a fun and engaging story and commend the author on her comfortable to read writing style.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”