Official Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Re: Official Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book presents an interesting and unique picture of world government where citizens have to undergo certain trials to find their love. Good review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

This was a good review. It really made the book sound even more interesting for me to want to read. Written like a tv show I wonder will love conquer all. I will definitely be adding this book to my want to read list to have my question answered. Great Book of the Day pick!
Chelsea N. Hackett
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Love in the time of dystopia. Particularly, love triangle. Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly is about first love and mature relationships. But more than these themes, it's about the freedom and autonomy humans desire in choosing whom to love. Set in a dystopian dictatorship sometime in the future, the main protagonists find a way to undermine the new policy of the Regime for arranged marriages. This will be interesting. Reviewer kemp1kor found it entertaining and got invested in the characters, although the reviewer also saw problems in the writing style and editing. But still, the premise is a curiosity so I'd definitely give this book a try.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

I enjoy dystopian based books since they really make you think and consider the possibilities. I think I would take a look at this, as I like the idea of the alternating point of views to give a reader the full story.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Anything dystopian whether romance, fantasy you name it is up my lane. I think this book gets even more intriguing as it's narrated from a male POV. It's a book that goes to my want to read shelf and it's free so yay, thanks to the author. Thanks for the great review.
OritseLaju
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by OritseLaju »

This seems like a good read; from the summary above. Though I don’t know if reading a sequel is my cup of tea, but the reviewer has sparked my interest some more and I’m definitely putting this on my list of books to read😉😁
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

Quite curious, the way they control love. And a reality show that makes you test it or figth for it sounds curious too. I am not into romance rigth now but congratulations on BOTD.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

This is a good take on dystopian world. We could learn quite a few things about romance and more.
Last edited by NuelUkah on 08 Dec 2018, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I sampled the book on Amazon. This is a romantic thriller set in the future after the conceptualized World War III. The world is ruled by a single person who looks after personal matters as well such as marriage. This story should attract people who love romance with a bit of thriller as mentioned in the review by Kemp1kor. Kemp1kor also mentions that there are certain parts in the story which seems little confusing so a reader should keep that in mind.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

This work would be thrilling to read as the world dictator who is Eminence sets his new laws and principles to govern his people. The reality television show would be interesting. I read the Temptation Trials Part II, and it was splendid for me.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the informative review. While the plot seems very interesting, this book is not my cup of tea at all. I find it's too graphic for me. Again, thanks for the heads up - it means a lot to readers like myself who are constantly having navigate around certain books.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I've never really read a dystopian novel before, so I don't know what to expect. But a romance story from the men's point of view should be interesting, especially with the challenge of some royal dude being all tyrannical on people's lives, down to their love and entertainment. I also appreciate the "fairly slow" development of romantic relationships, both physically and emotionally; as well as the love triangles attached to the story. Thanks for the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I like the concept of the story line...kind of an 18+ twist on The Hunger Games, and I appreciate the story told from the male perspective. However, the explicit sex is definitely not for me. I can handle the strong language, but graphic sex scenes are not my cup of tea. Thank you for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Detective Andie
Currently Reading: Twilight
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Detective Andie »

Im not much of a romance novel type of girl. But wow just from your review i think im actually going to give this a try. I like love triangles and cheating partners in book so why not! just got the book so ill start it asap. Thanks for the review!
Dominusjosef
Favorite Book: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Dominusjosef »

Definitely reminds everyone of the Hunger Games series.
All round the plot is interesting and the sex scenes might just be a little too much for some people. 2.5 out of 4 stars for me

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”