Official Review: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Official Review: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure

Post by JessNWheeler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love is the Answer, God is the Cure" by Aimee Cabo Nikolov.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

She could not bear it any longer. The beatings, the violations of her body, it all had to stop. Her older sister, Michelle, was her only hope. She would have to beg Michelle to take her away from this madness for good. Author Aimee Cabo Nikolov tells her life story of pain and triumph in Love is the Answer, God is the Cure.

Aimee met the man of her dreams and fell in love on a relaxing vacation in the Dominican Republic. Bobby was kind, gentle, a doctor. Aimee hoped to marry a doctor. Still, it was only fair for Aimee to let Dr. Boris Nikolov know what he was getting himself into with her. If he could love her after learning about her past, he would be a keeper.

The only place to start was at the beginning. Aimee’s mother, a respected neurologist, married 19-year-old Andreas at the age of thirty. She left Aimee and her brothers and sisters in her new husband’s care as she worked long hours. The molestation began when Aimee was seven, and her step-father began to regularly rape her when she was twelve. Aimee’s older sister, Michelle, was now married with a baby of her own. She came home to check on her younger siblings and was horrified to find out that Andreas was not only molesting Aimee, but he was violating her to the worst possible degree. Michelle and Aimee could not trust their mother. She had protected her husband in the past. Now, to save themselves and their siblings, the two sisters begin an emotional and legal battle against the two people who were supposed to keep them safe.

Aimee’s story captivated me from page one. To be perfectly honest, I became somewhat obsessed with this story for days. This family was prominently featured in local Miami, and at times, national news for almost thirty years. Not only did I read this book, I read as many news articles that I could find about Aimee and her family. I truly admire Aimee’s strength and bravery. She has endured unimaginable pain and devastation but maintains a strong sense of faith and optimism. This is an engaging story and a thrilling read.

This book is skillfully written and organized. There were a few minor grammar and editing errors, but these did not cause a distraction. I recommend this book to non-fiction readers who enjoy intense memoirs.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is a well-written and well-organized book. Aimee’s story is a thrilling, yet in many ways romantic, page-turner. This memoir highlights the importance of true love and the power of faith.

Love is the Answer, God is the Cure
View: on Bookshelves

Like JessNWheeler's review? Post a comment saying so!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
msomigreat
Currently Reading: Abducted
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msomigreat.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by msomigreat »

just reading the review made me to start searching the web for further details. Thanks Jess for the good work, I will surely have this book to my reading list.
Alick Sandy
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I admire Aimee's strength and courage. I really enjoyed your engaging review, and I am looking forward to reading this one. Thanks for the recommendation!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I read this one as well. It's heartbreaking what the author goes through and how her family does not believe her or does not care. Thanks for your great review. It's definitely a good one.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I like the idea of this book and will check it out more. Thanks for the review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Sexual abuse has been rampant since time immemorial. It is highlighted more in today's world because the abused are encouraged to speak out via social media, television and other technological means of broadcast. I really admire Aimee and her sister for standing up for their rights against their "two guardians." Thank you for your engaging review.
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

The moment I read the first part of the review, it just dragged me more towards it. I would love to read it very soon.
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

I really love real life stories, they inspire and encourage readers that they are not the only ones encountering obstacles in life, even though some of these stories (like this one) are so painful. These kind of books are so rare, so I will not let the opportunity to read this one pass me by. Thanks for your intriguing review.
Nsesunkpah henry
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nsesunkpah henry »

You know I am just imagining how the whole book will look like after reading this review I think I have to read the whole book because it sounds interesting
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds like an intense, heart-breaking story. Great review.
Adiva

Post by Adiva »

Well I am just imagining how the whole book will look like after reading this review I think I have to read the whole book because it sounds interesting
Id_reads

Post by Id_reads »

I really liked the review, and I'm looking forward to more of it.
williams_Joseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by williams_Joseph »

I'm in love with the preview already. can't wait to really read the novel itself!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

A seven-year old girl should be playing with dolls and having play dates not being molested by a sick man. How horrible! Aimee had to live an atrocious nightmare in her childhood. I'm glad to know she moved on and keeps enthusiasm and faith in her life. How brave she is!
Kf7sh

Post by Kf7sh »

The title got me intrigued and your review solidified my need to read this book. It takes bravery to share such a painful story. Can't wait to read this!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”