Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren (**spoiler**)

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren (**spoiler**)

Post by cherrykarl »

“Do you ever feel like the people who mean the most aren’t the people you see the most?” When he didn’t respond, I added, “Lately I just feel like I’m not putting my heart where it matters.”
This is exceptional! Beautiful Player is my most favorite book from this series. I couldn't put it down and I ridiculously read it twice. Why did it took me so long before I read this? And now, I actually don't know how to give a review on this for everyone to believe that this is a real deal, the best!

Will Sumner is a successful, handsome and sexy playboy who sets a schedule for casual sex with several women, no-strings attached. Everything changed when "Ziggy" called him one morning. To his surprise, she's not the kid sister anymore that he knew from the Bergstrom.

Hanna Bergstrom aka Ziggy (well, no one ever calls her that except her family) is a nerdy biochemical engineer grad school student who, according to his brother, Jensen, has no life outside her lab. She's sweet, funny, innocent, naive yet has no filter and never been particularly good in censoring her thoughts. She has a major crush on Will and has been the subject of her childhood dreams and fantasies.
It wasn't just a physical attraction between us. Of course I'd been attracted to women before. But there was something more with Hanna, some chemistry in our blood, something between us that snapped and crackled, that made me always want just a little more than I should take.

She offered her friendship, I wanted her body. She offered her body, I wanted to hijack her thoughts. She offered her thoughts, I wanted HER HEART.
So when she was asked to call Will to help him balance her life and career; teach her to enjoy, make friends and probably learn how to date, everything changed when they went for a run the first morning they've seen each other again. Will knew from that moment Hanna was different from any of the girls he knew, had dated and currently having sex with. He felt a desire he hadn't felt in forever because the spark, the energy between them was undeniable. He teach her the rules, ready for her to be a mentor. But through the process, he felt hungry to know her, to own her and be the only guy to touch her.
“It’s about finding the woman who gets you thinking. She’ll be the one who’ll change your mind about everything.”
And eventually, he knew that Hanna was the only woman who'll gonna wreck his world, the woman he's falling in love with. Though Hanna felt the same way for Will, she's so afraid to trust him and get her heart broken because of his incredulous sexual history.

There was humor in here that I never felt from the other books of this series. The drama was real! The banter was silly and hilariously addicting! The sex was incredibly hot melting (I'm speechles here)! And I love how natural the chemistry between the two main characters. Supported by the characters from the first two books of this series, Beautiful Bastard – Chloe & Benett and Beautiful Stranger – Sara & Max, the story gets even better and sounds very intriguing. I really recommend this to everyone!
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

This books deals with one of my favourite tropes - taboo-brother's-best-friend. It's my second favourite book out of the Beautiful Bastards series.
Sammy822
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammy822.html
Latest Review: Russia's Biggest Hack by James E. Doucette

Post by Sammy822 »

I have read the first book of the series. I found it to be a mediocre read in the sense that did not bring anything new to the table, was a cliche and banal, but after reading your review I want to read this book from the series.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”