Official Review: Making Her His by Lucy Leroux

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Official Review: Making Her His by Lucy Leroux

Post by AA1495 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Making Her His" by Lucy Leroux.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review: Making Her His by Lucy Leroux

Alex has loved his step-sister ever since she was seventeen. Back then, he thought that she was too young for a relationship and chose to be her friend instead. However, having been attacked by an obsessive stalker, Elynn, his step sister, has issues with intimacy and relationships. To add to that, there is a ten year age difference between them, and their parents are against the relationship.

Will Elynn be able to overcome her fears? Will she feel the same way about Alex? If she does, will their parents accept the relationship? There are a lot of obstacles in Alex’s way. However, Alex wants Elynn and he will do anything to have her.

Making Her His by Lucy Leroux is a story of Love, acceptance, faith and courage. When I first read the synopsis, I thought that this would be another typical romance book, with a powerful man and a woman who needs protection. To a certain extent, this was true. However, as the story progresses, Elynn becomes emotionally and physically stronger. While she needed protection towards the beginning of the book, she could protect herself by the end of it. Further, while Alex was a dominating and stubborn man in the beginning, he learnt to respect others’ wishes and choices by the end. The character development in the book was amazing and was a truly refreshing change.

Unlike most romance books that I have read, this book has no cheating or break-up, and has very little drama. It is a sweet story of how their relationship forms and progresses, and how they deal with the obstacles that come their way.

When I read a romance book, I prefer a strong female protagonist and this book certainly did not disappoint. While Elynn had issues, she took steps to resolve them. When she had problems with Alex, she spoke to him and made her point. She was sensible, funny and sensitive. In particular, I liked how she viewed and described therapy (psychological) as an acceptable and practical part of her routine. Her character was what I liked best about the book.

On the other hand, I could not connect with Alex. While I liked how he was extremely loyal and tried to understand Elynn’s perspective, he seemed spoilt and at times, a little childish. However, this did not spoil my overall reading experience.

In terms of language, the book was easy to read and understand. I liked the pace of the plot and the author’s writing style. While I came across a few minor grammatical errors, these did not interrupt my flow of reading.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is a sweet story that I wanted to finish reading in one sitting. Further, I loved the female protagonist’s personality. The book has lots of mature content. I would recommend this book to an adult who is looking for a sweet romance story, with no cheating and little drama.

Making Her His
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like AA1495's review? Post a comment saying so!
Clarisa
Currently Reading: Bard's Exile
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clarisa.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by Clarisa »

Wow! The storyline is super interesting, I am going to read it right now! The part that convinced me was that you said it doesn't have much drama or breakups. I hate when couples break up in stories but want to be together and end up together! Great review! :P
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Clarisa wrote:Wow! The storyline is super interesting, I am going to read it right now! The part that convinced me was that you said it doesn't have much drama or breakups. I hate when couples break up in stories but want to be together and end up together! Great review! :P
Haha we're similar. I like couples who stay together throughout too. I hope you like the book! Thank You for the comment!
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like an enjoyable read. Just like you, I like female protagonists to be strong and not the usual 'damsel in distress.' Great job on the review. Congratulations to Lucy Leroux on such a glowing review.
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

kimmyschemy06 wrote:Sounds like an enjoyable read. Just like you, I like female protagonists to be strong and not the usual 'damsel in distress.' Great job on the review. Congratulations to Lucy Leroux on such a glowing review.
Thank You so much! I think you will like this book. I hope you give it a chance. Thank You for the comment!
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

I read this book a few weeks ago and I agree that it is a beautiful story. Alex is dominating, but I already expected that because of the cover page and the title itself. Thank you for a very honest review!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
mhausee
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhausee.html

Post by mhausee »

I'm new to this site, at i decided that this is the book I'm going to read. Great job on your review.
Vitadolce
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitadolce.html

Post by Vitadolce »

Ok The storyline is very interesting, I like romance story and hate break up story because I feel so sad. The part that convinced me was that you said it doesn't have much drama or breakups. Great review!
I'm going to read this book.
Vanni
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vanni »

Interesting stories

-- 09 Mar 2017, 12:11 --

I think this would be one of the best.
majul68
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-majul68.html

Post by majul68 »

Well said AA1495. Your review sums it well drawing my interest to read the book. Love it when a woman realizes her strength and puts it use, and even more so when a man realizes that respecting the choice of his subjects earns him more respect.
:tiphat: Set to read Making Her His
Sal Mahmoud
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sal Mahmoud »

That sounds like one heck of a love story! Your review was also excellent, thoroughly detailed and very alluring, it makes the person want to grab the book and read it right away! Great job!
Verah
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Verah »

The book review makes me want to grab a copy and go down on it. Nothing good as a romantic book
I love it
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by gaporter »

I downloaded this book when it was the BOTD, but I think I have to disagree with your high rating. It seemed to me like Elynn didn't really have any agency throughout the whole book, even at the end. Her whole life course was essentially decided for her before she's even old enough to really know what she wants.
chattykathy
Currently Reading: Lost Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chattykathy.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by chattykathy »

The story line sounded interesting but the way you added your thoughts makes me want to read the book.I love romance books but like you I like some with little drama. As a survivor of rape I would be interested to see how they handled the PTSD of the situation. :eusa-think:
Thank you for this review.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Berenice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Berenice »

The storyline sounds interesting. I will definitely consider reading this book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”