Guarding His Obsession by Alexa Riley

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
red_velvet_girl7
Favorite Author: sylvia day
Currently Reading: Out of the Box Everlasting
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-red-velvet-girl7.html
fav_author_id: 3447

Guarding His Obsession by Alexa Riley

Post by red_velvet_girl7 »

Author : Alexa Riley
Pages : 106

Zoey has a stalker and her sister hires Derek Hart's security team to protect her. The novel is your typical LUST-AT-FIRST-SIGHT; VIRGIN-HEROINE; HOT-TATTOOED-HERO; SWEET-EROTICA-ROMANCE.

It's a short novel so I finished it in a sitting. I really liked Zoey's no filter mouth, but I hated that she was so careless. Hello, a man broke in your home and you are worrying about orgasms?

Derek is too perfect to be real. He cooks, cleans, talks about his feelings and isn't a manwhore... really?

I also didn't like that Zoey and Derek's story was so fast paced. There was no development of their story. They met just 5 mins before and started making out and within an hour she moved in his home for an indefinite period. Then the same night they decided to marry each other. Just like that.

Lastly, if the stalker is sending e-mails then why didn't you check the IP Address. And why didn't you get a thorough background check dobe on everyone?

So, it's a two/five stars novel for me. If you're looking for a short light hearted novel then give it a try.
Megwe85
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megwe85.html
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar

Post by Megwe85 »

Thanks for writing this review! I recently read this book and felt the exact same way.
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar
red_velvet_girl7
Favorite Author: sylvia day
Currently Reading: Out of the Box Everlasting
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-red-velvet-girl7.html
fav_author_id: 3447

Post by red_velvet_girl7 »

Welcome! :)

-- 19 Sep 2016, 04:30 --

Welcome! :)
Honeyginger68
Currently Reading: Winning the War on Cancer
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Honeyginger68 »

Hello,

I've read this book a few years ago. I came through one of Alexa Riley's book while searching on an Ebook website for a new book to read. The first one I read was "Curvy". Honestly it was one of the best book I've ever read. Alexa Riley has a way of bringing you right to the spot with the short novels. With the Alpha possessive hero and innocent heroin there is always something dirty, sweet and smutty in her books. I still wait for the release of each of her new book. You will not be disappointed it you are looking for a hot, short, sweet love romance with an Alpha hero and a sassy heroin.
lucia_kizas
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucia-kizas.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf
fav_author_id: 2366

Post by lucia_kizas »

If it is free, I think I would read it as an easy steamy story without worrying too much about the plot because I guess the plot was not that important here :) but if you are looking for well-developed characters, I would suggest checking Skye Warren's books :)
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I've noticed that most of Alexa Riley's books have less to do with the plot and is all about the steam. They're short, to the point and is just plain erotica. If you're looking for an actual story I wouldn't really recommend her books.
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

I've read most of Alexa Riley's books. She is definitely one of my go to erotica authors.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”