Lord Bachelor By Tammy Bailey

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Lord Bachelor By Tammy Bailey

Post by Birdlady1950 »

5+ Star Debut Novel

Abby, The Poor American Working Girl
Edmund, The Rich Lord Issued A Proclamation In His Father's Will
Reality Television Show To Find A Bride
Is Romance In The Air? Let The Eliminations Begin!
A 5 Star+ Emotion Filled Read That Is Sweet and Romantic

Debut Novel By A Talented New Author

STORY LINE:
Lord Edmund Rushwood, playboy, rich and entitled, has received marching orders from his father's will. Find a rich noble blooded bride in three months or lose his wealth and position. To say he was flabbergasted would be an understatement.

"Born rich ad privileged, he had no idea what it was like not to drink champagne every night or have a butler wait on his every whim."

His mother's friend suggests America for his hunt. After meeting Abby Foster, thru Abby's arch-enemy, the attraction was fast and mutual. However, Abby had a way of putting his Lordship in his place.

"If you're expecting me to curtsy or something, it's not going to happen."

Abby, unfortunately, is not rich, noble blooded, or entitled, she is a poor average working class girl and student. Trying to keep her father's legacy from going under, keep her almost stepmother and part owner from draining the coffers of what little there was to drain, and finish her classes, Abby is overwhelmed.

We also have Abby's strange friend and supporter, Raify D'Gothomer, an eccentric little old lady, who appearances and disappears after imparting strange words of wisdom and wit.

Edmund and Abby are persuaded by hook or crook to appear on the Love Match Reality Television show billed as Lord Bachelor. Edmund has 9 contestants from noble, privileged and monied backgrounds to vet and then there is Abby, the poor working class all American girl.

Come along for the ride as the Lord and the poor American's journey through the twists and turns from antagonist beginnings to romance.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, AND DEVELOPMENT:
Ms. Bailey's character development was well done as we view Lord Edmund from a hedonistic playboy to a mature man who is witty, caring, funny, and sure of himself and his life. The road Edmund and Abby journeys is anything but smooth; it is rocky indeed.

"He sauntered into the hallway where a black book bag flew out of nowhere, smacking him square in the forehead. .......Am I bleeding? Abby sent him an exaggerated smile. One could only hope."

Abby's character is strong and independent with firm ideas and ideals; she is also insecure romantically as she has been hurt in the past. She feels secure in the world her deceased parents had built for her in the record shop and her small apartment. Lordly titles do not impress Abby; she is a product of working class America. Ms Bailey's development of Abby's character to a whole person, knowing her worth, and what she wanted in life was amazing. It was a long journey well worth the wait.

Ms. Bailey infused humor in this wonderfully sweet story. I found myself laughing at the antics of Abby and Edmund.

The inclusion of Raify in to the book was inspired as it added another twist to this story which I will not reveal. I am biting at the bit to include a quote, but it would reveal too much. No spoilers here!

The plot of the story was fun and a different take as I thought of several fairy tales combined. Cinderella and The Prince and The Pauper kept popping into my head as I was reading. I enjoyed this book immensely.

The pacing was on target and kept my interest from the first page. I must admit I am fascinated with anything Lordly or Royal. Doesn't every girl dream of Prince Charming. or in this case not so charming, sweeping her off her feet? This book was right up my alley.

Ms. Bailey's writing style appealed to me, she produced a clear easy read full of fun, witty remarks, and romance. The sexual tension and attraction sizzled between Edmund and Abbey in their cat and mouse game. Ms. Bailey expertly wove this tale from the first page to the last.

Will the Lord get his Lady and live happily ever after? Or will he choice position and money over his heart. Sorry, you will have to read this wonderful story to find out.

RECOMMENDATION: 5 Stars+
I loved this novel. Actually 5 stars were not enough. I recommend this novel for young adult to adults due to sexual language, implied sex, and a love scene between Abby and Edmund. This novel will appeal to anyone that likes romance with humor that is well plotted and paced with an intriguing story line. I would not hesitate to buy Ms. Bailey's next novel. I look forward to more works by this talented author. Kudos Ms. Bailey for a fine work.

Review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest book review.

Books reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author's opinion; all book reviews on line under my name are my opinion.

About The Author

Ms. Bailey was born in Appomattox, Virginia. She has been a member of two military organizations. She served five years active duty in the Army; then served and retired with the Ohio Air National Guard. She is an avid Jane Austen fan and incorportes her works in her books if possible. Ms. Bailey is married with two young sons. Ms Bailey states:

"No matter what I write and read, there ALWAYS has to be a happy ending."
Kings06
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kings06 »

Wow! I enjoyed reading this book because it remind me of a situation a friend of mine have passed via before with a pretty girl he met and try to get engage with her.The different here is just that in this book it is the girl Abby who is poor and the boy Edmund rich.But in my friend's case, it was vise versa.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”