Review of Ruby

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amy Toria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Ruby

Post by Amy Toria »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ruby" by Rick Knowland.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

My teacher once told me that life works like a ripple effect. One good deed gives way to another. In this case, the eventful childhood of a father gives way to the same for a child. Ruby: Love's Inspiration Saga is a literary masterpiece by Rick Knowland based on Yvonne Prescott's fictional journals. The book follows the story of the true and lasting friendship shared between Ruby and Yvonne, two women who have had to endure many challenges over the years.

Ruby's father, Carlos Martin, abandoned her when she was just two years old by divorcing her mother to be with his lover. As a result, Ruby grew up without the love and guidance of a father figure. Despite this, she managed to excel in her studies and grew into a stunning young woman who caught the attention of many boys. Although she remained chaste, her resolve weakened in the eighth grade when she started making out with boys.

At school, Ruby met Yvonne, and they quickly became inseparable friends, along with their friend Jerry. They referred to themselves as "The Force of Three," as they always had each other's backs. Ruby's sexual exploration was more extensive than that of her friends. Still, she always took great care to prepare Yvonne sexually and emotionally, encouraging her to wait for her Prince Charming. Yet, the future has its plans for the friends, but will they be according to the lives they each lived in the past? Will Yvonne find her Prince Charming? With her eventful childhood and school days, will Ruby also find true love? What would adulthood be like for friends? Find all this out when you read Ruby: Love's Inspiration Saga by Rick Knowland.

This book centers around love, emotions, true friendship, sacrifice, divorce, and pain, highlighting the stigma attached to broken homes. The absence of a father figure in Ruby's life had an impact on her early sexual exposure, further emphasizing the negative effects of broken homes. The book depicts a true friendship that should be treasured and also showcases good family ties.

Ruby and Yvonne's friendship is an exemplary model to be studied and emulated. Their undeniably true friendship is an exceptionally rare find. They were like soul sisters, the best of friends who loved and protected each other from the very beginning. Ruby went the extra mile to encourage her friend Yvonne to keep herself for her Prince Charming, even threatening to sever their friendship if she were to do otherwise. This she did, despite not being a virgin herself. In return, Yvonne showed her love to Ruby, always being there for her and her daughter whenever they needed her. Maintaining friendships far beyond school and a young age is priceless.

Something I so much loved about this book is the author's writing style. Rick Knowland presents a logical and emotional storyline that creates a vivid mental image of the story's events, actions, and characters. The romance aspect of the book is thrilling, creating sensations. The chapters are well-arranged, linking events in a sequence of occurrences. Overall, the book and its lessons are unforgettable, lingering in the reader's mind long after the last page. The negative effects of divorce and broken homes are also addressed in the book. Hence, I recommend it to therapists and those in similar professions. Those who are fans of romance and friendship-themed books will also love it. It reinforces family ties, marriages, love, and values and is highly recommended for counseling in these areas. The book was professionally edited, and there was nothing about it that I disliked. Hence, I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars. I do not recommend it to younger readers because of its explicit sexual content.

Ruby
View: on Bookshelves
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Tobiloba adeolu
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobiloba-adeolu.html
Latest Review: Small Talk Rules by Gregory Peart

Post by Tobiloba adeolu »

The absence of a cover did not attract me but this review helped me consider reading it

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”