Review of Roxy and the Beetles

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Review of Roxy and the Beetles

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Roxy and the Beetles" by Jaiden Williams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In his book, Roxy and the Beetles, Jaiden Williams talks about Baby, Roxy, and her band. This book is written from a first-person perspective. Baby had always been indoors, but his parents persuaded him to go outside, explore, and make friends as the teenager that he was. Baby finally heeded his parents' advice, and when he went out to the mall, he bumped into his high school bully, Ricky, who at that point tried bullying him before Roxy, Ricky's girlfriend, came to his rescue. He later discovered that Roxy and Ricky were in the same band, but after their misunderstanding, Roxy left the band and rejoined her previous band, which included three of her friends. Baby joined Roxy's band when they told him that they would be participating in the Battle of the Bands Competition for a chance to win a hundred thousand dollars. Would Roxy's band win? Or would the prize belong to her ex-boyfriend, Ricky's band? Uncover the truth by reading this book.

This book is filled with action and romance. The book contains strong usage of profanity and sexual content, so those who would find this offensive should avoid reading this book. This book gave me an ideal idea of a supportive mother, as Baby's mother was there for him and even attended the competition just to show him her support. I learned the importance of cooperation from Roxy's band, as well as the importance of not giving up.

I loved the harmony and understanding between Roxy and her band. How Baby's parents were able to persuade their son to go out, make friends, and explore rather than just stay at home, and how this helped him find his purpose and what he had a passion for, was adorable. Likewise, I loved the band lifestyle, especially that of Roxy and her band. What I also adored and enjoyed about this book was how Baby and his mother had the same taste in music, which created room for a mother-son bond as he always confided in her before doing anything.

Some parts of this book were a little confusing for me, as the author didn't go into details, and it was kind of rushed, which is something that bothered me. One other thing I didn't like was how Roxy was just brought into the picture and nothing crucial about her life was discussed, apart from her life with the band, and I was expecting to be fed more details about the main characters. Furthermore, while reading, I noticed some errors in this book. So, therefore, for these reasons, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. Other than this, this book was enjoyable and interesting to read.

I would recommend this book to those who would love a good story about a band, as they would find it interesting to read.

Roxy and the Beetles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ignesta Ignetius
Currently Reading: A Dream for Peace
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignesta-ignetius.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Ignesta Ignetius »

The book's plot seems like an interesting one, people who love music bands will find this one interesting. Thank you for a good review.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I hope Roxy's band won and I hope Ricky' bully tendencies were reported to the relevant authorities and hopefully he was punished and taught how harmful bullying is.
Mariamm Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariamm-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S. Lee

Post by Mariamm Ibrahim »

Your review of this book made me interested in the storyline. Well done you did a great job in explaining this book review in detail
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

It's been a long while since I read a musical-type book, and this one seems interesting enough to be adapted into a film. I'm glad that Roxy stood up for Baby, against her own boyfriend. The competition for the cash between the two bands must have been fiery, especially fueled by the two exes being on rival teams. From your summary, I can tell Roxy's band won the content😁, and I'm glad. Well-done review.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Roxy and the Beetles by Jaiden Williams is a book that will teach all the readers on how to remain focus in their lives. I enjoy your review. Good job.
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

This book is interesting. Parents should learn to allow there children go out and make good friends, imagine if Baby didn't have the opportunity to go out how will he discover such a band like Roxy's band. Also parents should support and help children develop theor talents, it goes a long way to help them and make them see reasons to do better. Great review.
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

This book is interesting. Parents should learn to allow there children go out and make good friends, imagine if Baby didn't have the opportunity to go out how will he discover such a band like Roxy's band. Also parents should support and help children develop theor talents, it goes a long way to help them and make them see reasons to do better. Great review.
Kenny Geneva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny-geneva.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Kenny Geneva »

This is a wonderful read I must say. I must commend the effort of the author for such a wonderful piece. Nice review.
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

The concept behind this book was really wonderful. The girl was a naive girl who and thankfully her parents did the right thing.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

The plot of this book piqued my interest and you gave it a wonderful review I look forward to reading this book. Good review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love the storyline of this novel. The front cover looks like a children’s book at first glance. It will be good of Roxy’s band were the one that won. Nice review!
Taiwo Faith 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Taiwo Faith 24 »

A good review. It gives me the urge to read all over again
:) :D :hand:
Ama Ra Chi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-ra-chi.html
Latest Review: Mama I Owe You Nothing by Simmer Breeze

Post by Ama Ra Chi »

Your review is impressive. I hope I find this book interesting too.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

Parents should learn to allow there children go out and make good friends. If Baby hadn't been opportuned to socialize, he wouldn't have gotten to be in Roxy's band. Also parents should support and help children develop their talents. Thanks for a nice review

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”