Review of Cascading Sunsets on Sandy Island

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Review of Cascading Sunsets on Sandy Island

Post by Mildred Echesa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cascading Sunsets on Sandy Island" by Natlie Bartholomew Pitt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Faith gets divorced from Eric after conceiving a lovely daughter with him. She now lives with her daughter Katherine and Fain, her employee at Sandy Island. Fain is of French origin and a handsome one. Faith meets his new neighbour Hank, and it turns out he's also going through a divorce with his wife. Hank has a daughter called Sydney, who is about the same age as Katherine. The two single parents easily develop a connection due to their strange similarities. Faith and Hank soon develop feelings for each other, but there are so many obstacles to them being finally happy. Is there a deeper relationship between Faith and Fain, or he's just an employee? What about Eric, Faith's ex-husband, will he become a better man or move on to the next woman? Is Hank a good partner, and what happens to the mother of his daughter? Will Hank be the only man in Faith's life? To answer these questions, please read the book Cascading Sunsets on Sandy Island by Natlie Bartholomew Pitt.

Have you ever read a book so captivating that all you wanted to know was what happens next? Cascading Sunsets on Sandy Island is that sort of book. When I picked it up, I expected just another book with a couple of regular events, but it was different for this book. That said, there are several things I loved about this book.

I loved that there was a different event in every chapter, and the plot was just unique. One event led to another, and by the end of the book, I was amazed by the outcomes. The suspense in the description of these events also kept me hooked on this book. The biggest suspense was when it came to the paternity of Faith's child, and I kept contemplating who the father might be.

Despite it being an excellent book, it had a negative aspect. The events were cramped together because the paragraphs were not divided well. The best explanation I can give for this is that a paragraph would be about a given event, and then the next paragraph would be about literally a very different event. At first, I would get confused about this, but as the book progressed, I got used to it. However, it bothered me because I had to be alert about when a new event started.

I, therefore, rate this book 4 out of 5 stars because it was fascinating, and the suspense left me wanting more of it every time. I deducted a star because of the negative aspect mentioned earlier. The book seems to have been professionally edited since I encountered a few typos while reading the book.

I recommend this book to people who love suspense because of its suspenseful nature. Persons looking for a second chance in marriage and relationships will also love this book because some characters in the book have been through difficult marriages, and this book describes how they got second chances at happiness. Persons who love romantic books will also enjoy this book due to its romantic nature.

Cascading Sunsets on Sandy Island
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Poetic Justice
Natpi3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Natpi3 »

Dear Mildred, you have no idea how amazingly refreshing it is to hear an inept, honest review about my Sandy Island Novel. I've waited a long time for this. I'm thrilled by your honesty and how much this book meant to you. I truly enjoyed writing this book. I hope that others would delight in it as much as you did. Thank you, darling.

ps oh and to answer your concerns in regards to the events jumping out at you without warning lol... This book is written for television, so in short, reading this book is like watching a television series where the scenes can change at anytime. Thank you for the wonderful review, made my day.

Natlie
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

The quick changing nature of the paragraphs does sound quite confusing, but otherwise this sounds like a book I'd really enjoy!
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Bones In The Alley by Viterose E Van Huis

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

It could be a really difficult read since the paragraphs are not properly spaced. But your review was expertly crafted, thanks for this.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

This is an interesting and well thought of book. This is also an interesting and well-written review. This is also a book that I would definitely love to try out. Thank you for this wonderful review.
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

What a complicated love story. Who did Faith end up with? The book sound very captivating and engaging. Wonderful review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”