Carpathian novels by christine feehan spoilers

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ashersb
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashersb.html

Carpathian novels by christine feehan spoilers

Post by ashersb »

Dark Curse by Christine Feehan follows the Carpathian's as they rediscover the love of a lifemate, and struggle against the extinction of their race. It is book seventeen in the series which follows a woman named Lara Calladine. She has blood ties to many different species, and just so happens to be the lifemate to Nicholas De La Cruz. Being a lifemate wasn't something Lara was interested in, but when Nicholas first saw her he took matters into his own hands and bound them together without her consent.

I personally love the Carpathian novels that Christine Feehan has written. My favorite is Dark Curse. It explains a lot more about the dragonseekers, the evil wizard, and the things that came to pass in the horrible ice cave for a small child. Her descriptive writing leaves a clear picture for the readers, and there is never a dull moment. It shows love, adventure, heart ache, horrors endured, and above all a feeling of resolve at the end for the characters. I had a hard time putting this book down, and those are often the best kinds of books.
sherri_
Currently Reading: Picker's Pocket Guide - Toys
Bookshelf Size: 1508
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sherri.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sherri_ »

One of the first paranormal romance series I got addicted to. I just finished # 28, "Dark Ghost". I highly recommend this series, her world building is fantastic. All books in the series have graphic violence and graphic sex. As is per usual with a series, to get the best "read" of it, one would want to start with #1, "Dark Prince". I think the first eight in the series remain my favorites, and I'm happy to see the last two getting back to what they were; books 20 or so thru 25 or so, were NOT among my favorites.

Wow. Two winners back to back ("Edge of Darkness", #27 released last month). I'm giving #28, "Dark Ghost", four thumbs up via the use of both feet. She has taken this novel back to the style and storyline that caused me to fall in love with this series to begin with.

Teagan and Andre, both very likeable characters. Andre, very noble, very attractive. Teagan, a little dipsy as really smart people often are. A possible new story sideline is introduced, 'the monastery', plus a new/old character, "Fane".

Graphic violence, explicit steamy love scenes. True love, happily ever after. Good triumphs over evil. I love this book, and am reading it again.
Noel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Noel »

I have read all but the last two books in this 'Dark" series. I have always been addicted to animals. To be able to shift into anything you want to would be the ultimate experience. I fell in love with these stories not just because of the shifting ability, but also the way the men treat their women.

The fact that they have to wait so long for there mate is said. But they then find them and do whatever it takes to get their mate to fall in love with them. Even though they have to overcome the women's fear of what they are, they overcome.

The funny thing I learned about myself with this series is that I know look at the small things husbands do for their wife like the Carpathian males do. Hehe.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I kind of stumbled across this series, not realizing that there were so many of them. I read Dark Promises which is book 29, I probably wouldn't have started reading it if I had realized before hand that there were so many more before it. Mainly because I would have thought that I'd be lost as to what was happening. However, even though I was confused for the first chapter or so, I caught on fairly quickly and was able to enjoy the book.
VAwkOb12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by VAwkOb12 »

Dark guardian
This book is about Lucien whose life mate is jaxon. The two pair up after lucian heals jaxon who is shot. As with all other Christine feehan novels the couple quickly falls in love (in the book jaxon sees Lucien for the first time and the fire works happen).

They say the words to bind their souls and bodies together (This part is so not how real life is). Thereafter they fight a vampire and jaxon's step dad. The novel writes that the couple goes to the mountain in an attempt to lure the vampire and jaxon's step dad away from the city so as to avoid more deaths.

After they fight and win against the bad vampire they return to have a normal wedding which is jaxon's dream that lucian is determined to fulfill.
VAwkOb12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by VAwkOb12 »

Dark guardian
This book is about Lucien whose life mate is jaxon. The two pair up after lucian heals jaxon who is shot. As with all other Christine feehan novels the couple quickly falls in love (in the book jaxon sees Lucien for the first time and the fire works happen).

They say the words to bind their souls and bodies together (This part is so not how real life is). Thereafter they fight a vampire and jaxon's step dad. The novel reads that the couple goes to the mountain in an attempt to lure the vampire and jaxon's step dad away from the city so as to avoid more deaths.

After they fight and win against the bad vampire they return to have a normal wedding which is jaxon's dream that lucian is determined to fulfill.
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I've read moist of the books in this series. My favourite is the fourth book, Dark Magic, with Gregori and Savannah. I think it's mostly because when we were originally introduced to Gregori in the first book I was already anticipating his book. It doesn't really have much action and revelations as books later in the series, but for me it still ranks as one of the top ones.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”