Suggestions for a great romance novel?

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
natashak
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natashak.html

Suggestions for a great romance novel?

Post by natashak »

Anyone have suggestions for a good romance novel?
lmdudley3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmdudley3.html

Post by lmdudley3 »

I just finished "Summer by the Sea" by Susan Wiggs. I thought it was really good.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

Robyn Carr books are good. I also like Lauraine Snelling, Francine Rivers, Janette Oke, Love Finds You series, and the Love Inspired series. Those all offer good romances.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
bluemel4
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

I got caught off guard by how good The Outlander series is by Diana Gabaldon. The All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness is a paranormal romance series with time travel and is very well written. The Mediator series by Meg Cabot is a young adult series with romance and a satisfying ending. Shop Girl by Steve Martin is incredibly well done and the movie is pretty good too. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton has more of an unrequited love theme, but still very romantic and touching.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
rachel_bruhn
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-jacks.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by rachel_bruhn »

I was never much of the romance reading type. Never enough action and adventure in it for me. I jumped on the "Fifty Shades of Grey" bandwagon out of curiosity. I got sucked into the trilogy, not because of the erotic scenes, but because of the story line; I really wanted to figure out the backstory of Christian Grey! In the end, I wasn't a crazed fan. However, it opened my eyes to the potential of romantic novels. I started poking around in the free books and previews on my iPad and stumbled upon a series that I quickly became addicted to. The series is "The Sterling Shores Series" by C.M. Owens. I love the characters from her novels. They seem so much like the kind of people I would want to be friends with and hang out with. Her novels aren't all about the cliche sex scenes and (in my opinion) awkward lines and phrases that go along with that. Her novels are filled with passion, drama, and lots of comedy. There are true story lines that weave through the novels with just the right about of intimacy and detail to spice things up. If her books were made into movies, they would be more like romantic comedies (think Friends with Benefits) than pure romance (such as The Notebook).
elizfoley11
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizfoley11.html

Post by elizfoley11 »

rachel_jacks wrote:I was never much of the romance reading type. Never enough action and adventure in it for me. I jumped on the "Fifty Shades of Grey" bandwagon out of curiosity. I got sucked into the trilogy, not because of the erotic scenes, but because of the story line; I really wanted to figure out the backstory of Christian Grey! In the end, I wasn't a crazed fan. However, it opened my eyes to the potential of romantic novels. I started poking around in the free books and previews on my iPad and stumbled upon a series that I quickly became addicted to. The series is "The Sterling Shores Series" by C.M. Owens. I love the characters from her novels. They seem so much like the kind of people I would want to be friends with and hang out with. Her novels aren't all about the cliche sex scenes and (in my opinion) awkward lines and phrases that go along with that. Her novels are filled with passion, drama, and lots of comedy. There are true story lines that weave through the novels with just the right about of intimacy and detail to spice things up. If her books were made into movies, they would be more like romantic comedies (think Friends with Benefits) than pure romance (such as The Notebook).
I am intrigued by the series you suggested, I will definitely be looking it up!!!
Thank You!
michelle_rn

Post by michelle_rn »

rachel_jacks wrote:I was never much of the romance reading type. Never enough action and adventure in it for me. I jumped on the "Fifty Shades of Grey" bandwagon out of curiosity. I got sucked into the trilogy, not because of the erotic scenes, but because of the story line; I really wanted to figure out the backstory of Christian Grey! In the end, I wasn't a crazed fan. However, it opened my eyes to the potential of romantic novels. I started poking around in the free books and previews on my iPad and stumbled upon a series that I quickly became addicted to. The series is "The Sterling Shores Series" by C.M. Owens. I love the characters from her novels. They seem so much like the kind of people I would want to be friends with and hang out with. Her novels aren't all about the cliche sex scenes and (in my opinion) awkward lines and phrases that go along with that. Her novels are filled with passion, drama, and lots of comedy. There are true story lines that weave through the novels with just the right about of intimacy and detail to spice things up. If her books were made into movies, they would be more like romantic comedies (think Friends with Benefits) than pure romance (such as The Notebook).
I am really excited to look into this series as well!! Thanks for the suggestion! As to the main post, I am reading the Fools Gold series by Susan Mallery and it is light easy reading and good. Check it out!
rachel_bruhn
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-jacks.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by rachel_bruhn »

The first book (the full book) in all of her series is free on the iBooks app. I am not sure about other devices. I became hooked on the first book and immediately bought the others without hesitation! I almost wish her series would take off like Fifty Shades of Grey did, but at the same time I feel like it's a secret treasure that I don't want to share with the world! Hands down my favorite erotic/romance novel series.
Journey beyond the jacket.
jessicamarie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicamarie.html

Post by jessicamarie »

A few years ago after when I got a Kindle Fire, I downloaded the book Red Say I Love You because it was a free book at the time. I don't remember much about it anymore, but I do remember finishing it and being incredibly moved and impressed by it.
dreamwriterpoet

Post by dreamwriterpoet »

"Speechless" by Carly White on Amazon Kindle is highly charged with intimacy, connections between two people, and
the complexity of the characters. Quite a remarkable read! There are other books under her name too.
open_water

Post by open_water »

Last year my fellow bibliophile and friend recommended a book to me entitled North of Beautiful. It's a compelling and eye opening story about finding yourself even though your home is centered in an abusive parent and their passive spouse. It's about accepting yourself for who you are, discovering what beauty truly is, and holding on to your authentic self despite our society's pressures and "one size fits all" mentality. And it, of course, has some romance weaved in, but it's done in a refreshing, non cheesy manner.
NicholsC97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholsc97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by NicholsC97 »

I'd advise the night huntress series by Jeaniene , the Devlin brothers by diana Duncan, or bluegrass series by Kathleen Brooks. All amazing romance reads with loads of humor.
Jlbaird85
Currently Reading: Lift you up
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlbaird85.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Jlbaird85 »

Mariana Zapata’s books are good. They take a while to read though! They are free on a Kindle Unlimited.
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

I love "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. So so sweet and touching.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Catch up with love and lost: Thailand by Stella knights. It's a rollercoaster,it got me glued to it and still looking for me.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”