Abbi Glines

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Thebookwonderland
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebookwonderland.html

Abbi Glines

Post by Thebookwonderland »

I'd like to discuss books by Abbi Glines. She has a very lengthy series, the Rosemary Beach series, which consists of many different characters. I quite enjoy her books because they focus on many different characters that appear in many of her books. I believe her books are categorized as new adult, for they are about younger women, usually late teens or early 20s and include sex- a lot of it. I wanted to pose a question about her books. I have read parts of Fifty Shades of Grey, but I honestly feel like the sex scenes in the books of Abbi Glines are better. My question is, do you think Abbi Glines books have better sex scenes than other highly praised erotic books?
savilewis
Currently Reading: The Kill Order
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savilewis.html
Latest Review: "Thunderstorm" by Sophie McNeill

Post by savilewis »

Abbi Glines is one of my all time favorite authors. I prefer her sex scenes over most because she does well about describing and getting you all hot and bothered without getting too nasty. She keeps them classy and she keeps her alpha males without it going over the top.
Latest Review: "Thunderstorm" by Sophie McNeill
TangledinText
Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfix-blog.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by TangledinText »

I love her books because they are more realistic in the relationships and encounters so the sex scenes hit home more because they are more relatable. I definitely enjoy her soft erotic scenes more compared to some of the hardcore dom and sub I've read.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Sera3125
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sera3125 »

Fifty Shades of Grey was my first erotic novel and I have since found many authors/books that are MUCH better Abbi Glines being one of them. Most of the New Adult genre have realistic sex scenes, the genre is really growing
Michelle92
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle92.html
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann

Post by Michelle92 »

I've also read a lot of Abbi Glines, and it was after finding other authors as Sylvia Day, EL James, Maya Banks. And I have to admit that I really enjoy the soft erotic scenes, as you already have said, it is more relatable and therefore, close to home. Also her talen at combinig so many different line of stories is great, so it is easy to love the read.
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann
Alhen James
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6028">The Darkest Hour</a>
Currently Reading: Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 136

Post by Alhen James »

I love reading Abbi Glines books. Though her books are mostly about younger women, but this author sure knows how to weave an emotional tale of true love with a sexy twist! Some of her books are also paranormal like the existence series. Her stories are definitely addictive.
francess
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by francess »

Each time i read Abbi Glines books, I enjoy d power of d romantic scenes. Though centered mostly on young adults. It gives a bit of moral teachings to d ladies their comportment towards Alpha male
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

Abbi Glines sex scenes are more intense because of the "dirty talk" included in the foreplay. I agree that soft erotic is better than the hardcore dom/sub. I especially enjoyed the Rosemary Beach series.
Isabelleva
Currently Reading: The Fountainhead
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelleva.html
Latest Review: Love Hope and Promise by NaylaBurns

Post by Isabelleva »

I love everything about how Abbi writes and delivers powerful romance with a sexy twist. Definetly one of my favorites!
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

My favourite series by Abii Glines is the Sea Breeze collection. I love her writing and the balance between genuine love and steamy sex her characters have.
Sammy822
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammy822.html
Latest Review: Russia's Biggest Hack by James E. Doucette

Post by Sammy822 »

I have never read anything from Abbi Glines, but I am so excited to give her books a try after reading so many great things about her work.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”