Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kaitlynf314
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Post by kaitlynf314 »

Ugly love was by far one of the best books I have ever read. It actually might be my favorite book of all time. To give you a basic run down of the book, there are two main characters. Tate and Miles. Tate is a good girl, she is working hard to get her masters degree in RN Nursing and has no time for anything else. Miles is another story. He is very closed off and has a hard exterior. He's hard to understand and very closed off. The only thing these two share is a mutual attraction for each other with leads to something beautiful, something lovely, something ugly.
Mani_91
Currently Reading: Deep
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mani-91.html

Post by Mani_91 »

This indeed is one of a kind in itself. The romance and the story line was far different and interesting. Heavenly break from boring and repetitive romantic plots I had to go through in my last couple of novels. :-) It had to be read seeing the title UGLY LOVE.
MissLeila
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =5506">The Iron Knight</a>
Currently Reading: Bruja
Bookshelf Size: 422
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missleila.html

Post by MissLeila »

3-3.5 STARS

This story was okay ,readable I guess It's just i didn't feel what this story had to give.

My thoughts&feelings about this book:

As much as I wanted to love it, It's just...
ahhh! *frustrated scream* Tate Collins was a major turn off, she was so WEAK. couldn't even resist sexy Miles for just a couple of seconds always throwing herself at him. & I really didn't like it, akward reading wich always leads me to reading slumps -_-.
Lisa10e
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa10e.html

Post by Lisa10e »

I loved this book! I love Colleen Hoover, and haven't found one of her books that I didn't enjoy yet.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have started it and quit, since it bored me to death. I found the language lacking, and the plot tepid. I am glad you enjoyed it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
charysma_lilly
Favorite Author: too many....
Currently Reading: Before I Fall
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charysma-lilly.html

Post by charysma_lilly »

I like Colleen Hoover and her style I haven't read Ugly Love yet though. Not sure if I should risk it after seeing your comments.... :|
corbin

Post by corbin »

I love this book! This gives me so much feels. Pain for Miles!!! When Cap said, "Love isn't always pretty. Sometimes you spend all your time hoping it'll eventually be something different. Something better. Then, before you know it, you're back to square one, and you lost your heart somewhere along the way."
Faatimah Noormahomed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faatimah-noormahomed.html
Latest Review: Karrana by Anne Skyvington
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Faatimah Noormahomed »

Ugly Love was actually my least favourite of Colleen's books! I hated Miles so much!! I really wanted to like this book but I just couldn't :(. Makes me so sad because the blurb of this book sounded so good and the way that it's written intrigued me. Unfortunately though, it didn't deliver.
Hafsa err
Currently Reading:

Post by Hafsa err »

Ugly love was one of the first few books I've read , it's so good but to be honest not one of my favourites, i didn't love miles at first and tate was so careless she only cared about him , it was their fault not just his .
Diamanta Koka
Currently Reading: Terms and conditions
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diamanta-koka.html
Latest Review: Pandemic by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Diamanta Koka »

I liked it but I did not love it. I enjoyed IT ENDS WITH US and REMINDERS OF HIM better. It is a good book. One can read it, but it isn't a must. I found Miles's attitude towards a new relationship really childlike. I can understand his pain, it is not easy having such a loss, at such an age, but still poor Tate. I love women who know what they want and fight for it. Tate knows what she wants and when she thought she will not get it from him, she left him, even if it took her some time. In my opinion it is not her best book but it is a really good one.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

Colleen Hoover has been all over TikTok as of late, for both good and bad reasons. I've heard a lot of people don't like her books as a result of their content but I think I'll definitely have to give it a try to decide for myself.
Habiba Essam 2

Post by Habiba Essam 2 »

U loved ugly love i first saw it on tiktok and i wanted to read it and read other things by colleen hoover but i couldn't finish it but ugly love was beautiful and i finished it in 2 days
I love it
ocean17

Post by ocean17 »

Ugly love is a modern friends with benefit relationship that suppose to be with no strings attached until strings become attached. Colleen does a great job showing that woman fight hard when they know it’s something more even if it’s before the man knows it. Making Miles realize he needs to confront his traumatic past in order to completely move forward and move on with his life. Colleen does a really great job with her book making them super relatable in more ways than one.
Dania Shalabi

Post by Dania Shalabi »

I rate this book a 4.5/5, because it was one of my favorite Colleen Hoover books. I love it for many reason but the main reason is the forbidden love/ brother’s best friend but then when I found out why Miles doesn’t want to love Tate, that made me fall in love with this book.
Princessjasmine_

Post by Princessjasmine_ »

This book, I give it 2/5

At first I liked it but then once I grew up knowing what's going on, it became questionable to me. And the way Rachel and miles say "we squeezed his balls" the child is just born, wth?!. I will always be miles slander. Tate deserves everything good and deserve to be treat good, she is treated like a second choice.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”