Review: The After Series by Anna Todd

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amyra27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amyra27.html
Latest Review: Triplicity by J Mercer

Re: Review: The After Series by Anna Todd

Post by Amyra27 »

I read the books on Wattpad and I really enjoyed reading them. The movie is releasing in April and I really hope it is good.
Latest Review: Triplicity by J Mercer
Crys_xo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Crys_xo »

I loved the After series by Anna Todd. I cried too many times reading the books. You get to experience their love story and all the family drama first hand. I was so captivated by the first book that I read two in one day. Great read.
batres-gbby

Post by batres-gbby »

I love the after series!!! This is one of the best romance series I have read yet. It takes you on an emotional rollercoaster . I couldn't set the book down once I started reading it. I read the wattpad version and then bought the published version.
Oluwasegun david
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Oluwasegun david »

Form the first time i started reading book, i wanted to know the ending
Ckollwitz1
Currently Reading:

Post by Ckollwitz1 »

It fills my heart with joy to find a review page for this series. However, these books did take me out of my normal realm that I do read.
I am currently on rest from heart surgery, and in the past week I have devoured this series. Each book had me on the edge of my seat. I found myself comparing who I am with the characters, and I found myself hoping to have the same love or “Hardin”one day.
I believe these books are eye opening on how hard growing up is, how hard it is to love someone, and how hard it is to overcome the mountains in life.
I would recommend these books for everyone. Everyone needs a good romance novel in their life. Even if they are unsure of them!
Yassih1904

Post by Yassih1904 »

Though the characters are very common (bad boy meets good and virgin girl,and the guy has past bad experience), it still gives you heart racing and pounding feeling. The plot is good and has unexpected revelations,you want to read more to know what will happen next.
Tom Ogalo

Post by Tom Ogalo »

I must say this Anna Todd you are really a good writer but in after 3 one really gets bored like you could predict the next action Tessa would take
Tom Ogalo

Post by Tom Ogalo »

again i think you really demeaned girl child as people who could be easily manipulated
am thankful you gave me tips to better my relationship but i ended up living a messy life
valegrissom
Currently Reading: The Paper Magician
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by valegrissom »

Unpopular opinion: I read the first two books and hated them. Then I attempted to read the third, but I just couldn't do it. Basically, one of my friends told me I would hate it and that I wouldn't finish the first book. So out of spite I not only finished the first book but kept going. I wish I hadn't. The fact that this book is popular is so representative of the lack of self-respect in women. Hardin is not a good guy. Sure, he might have some redeeming qualities deep down, and I know everyone loves a damaged bad boy. But the fact that there were so many books written about this dysfunctional relationship is beyond me. I think, in my twenties, I would've enjoyed this series. Maybe it's because I'm almost forty and have been there and done that, and now that I'm married I understand what healthy relationships are supposed to be like. I would not recommend this book.
Mariahbenson6
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 371
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariahbenson6.html
Latest Review: Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mariahbenson6 »

I loved these books! And i loved the ending. I struggle with series because i typically get bored after the first or second book. But not this series! I loved it all!!! I loved the charecters! And at times hated them. But all together it was great! I loved the ending and that Tessa and Hardin did not immediantly wind up together! I think it was the perfect ending!
Nightreaderx
Currently Reading: Unhinged
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Nightreaderx »

I read this series when Anna began to upload it onto Wattpad. I have just finished reading the third book (the published version) and have started the fourth. I am thoroughly enjoying the storyline, but the sex has gotten to the point where it is seeming almost raunchy. The amount of emotional abuse that Harden has been dealing with Tessa is also pretty heartbreaking. It is such a toxic relationship and has just made me learn what I don't want in a relationship. I would recommend the book if you are okay with ALOT of sex and violence, just not to anybody under the age of 18-21.
Itsyourgirlmimi

Post by Itsyourgirlmimi »

I really enjoy reading the book series after by Anna todd.and I have to admit after is one in the BEST BOOK I have come across in a very very long while . I also HV to admit I can't stop reading the books over and over again and each time I read after it's like the first day I discovered it ❤
pengy86
Currently Reading: After Ever Happy (After, #4)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pengy86.html
Latest Review: High Hopes by Sue Lilley

Post by pengy86 »

I loved this series! I couldn't wait to start each next book. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, I felt she could have explained and finessed their happy ending.
Orinaedna

Post by Orinaedna »

The book is totally worth the time you invest in reading it. You can never get enough of it you crave to know more......page after page after page. Anna doesn’t disappoint at all. It’s legit my BEST romantic series ever. Hands down.♥️♥️💯
Emmaxalexandra

Post by Emmaxalexandra »

Amazing Book! Beautifully written!! Honestly this book has helped me get through school, there wasn’t a day I wasn’t on Wattpad re-reading After!! Just being able to connect with this book on such a deep emotional level! Five stars!!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”