Review: The After Series by Anna Todd

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chi Chosen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Review: The After Series by Anna Todd

Post by Chi Chosen »

Well, I must say , this is one of the best romantic book series I've read, I sincerely love it. This book is detailed, captivating and interesting, from the settings to the characters, its just amazing. The story line is relatable, I mean most people can relate to one or two things revealed in this book, the love between Hardin and tessa wasn't all that rosy, the trust was lost on Tessa part, but after all, they sorted it out and had a sweet ending according to the story line. Good one
Hope Shiro

Post by Hope Shiro »

I really enjoyed reading this book and it is one of the BEST books i have ever come across. I recommend this book to those who are interested to those who love romance.
Adriana Deliu

Post by Adriana Deliu »

One of the best books I've ever read! Its just full of emotions and especially romance. I would simply recommend it!! I am absolutely in love with ot😍😍❤️
Devanshi_yadav

Post by Devanshi_yadav »

:techie-studyingbrown: I completed the first book of the after series in two days . Once you complete the first book, you desires to buy the second one grows hard and finally you're caught in web and you end up reading the whole series . The book 'After' revolves around the life of two characters-Tessa and Hardin , how they first met each other and ended up falling in love . Tessa is an innocent girl, full of ambitions and desires and is highly focused on what she wants from life . Her life is simple. On the other hand , Hardin is very complicated. He had a tough childhood . He is portrayed as a selfish , egotist guy who gets furious on pitty things. He is rude with Tessa from the beginning. He makes Tessa fall in love with him in order to win the bet . But he ends up falling in love with her . When Tessa learns about the bet , she is completely pissed off by Hardin and her heart shatters into pieces . Even Hardin finds it difficult to live without Tessa and hence move after her every now and then for one last chance .

So readers,I am leaving you hanging over her . Let's see whether Tessa gives him a chance or not. Meet you all in the next review of ' After we collided' . Stay tuned ....
Florence Mbaegbu

Post by Florence Mbaegbu »

I must confess I truly enjoy indulging in a romantic love story, The After series was more than just that. I was completely captivated by the characters Tessa and Hardin. Their story wasn't just about love, but the hardships of family, growing up, and compromise in a relationship.

I highly recommend this series of four books to those like me who enjoy a bit of a scandal and romance. I genuinely could not read these books fast enough, and am sad to see Tessa and Hardin's story end.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I am intrigued by this series, but I put it down when I watched the trailer. I felt like it would be a cliche bad boy-good girl story and I am done with that trope. I'm so sorry.
Asfiya Z
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asfiya-z.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Asfiya Z »

The series is incredible! I love it so much! The best series I've read in a long time has been this one. It is worth your time to read it. Originally I read the whole series on Wattpad, and I loved it. It is awesome! It is definitely something I will recommend to anyone who likes romance and thrillers.
Brett Linette
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brett-linette.html
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by Brett Linette »

I think an unedited version of the first book is available on Wattpad? I enjoyed the first quarter of it but couldn't find the motivation to read the rest.
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
Tshegofatso Moepi 2

Post by Tshegofatso Moepi 2 »

I love, love, love this book. Absolutely amazing some aspects are relatable and if you're into romance this book is for you. It shows a love and hate relationship between two people. How the universe just wants them to be together even when they are apart. Her innocence slowly deteriorates because she fell in love with a bad boy. The book describes how one can feel such intense emotion for another!
Fombo gee18
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Fombo gee18 »

After is one of the books I enjoyed reading. Especially the last one, happily ever after ☺️
Bonolo maholane
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden

Post by Bonolo maholane »

:D I love this book more than the actual movie, "Whatever our souls are made of, hers and mine are the same" has to be my favorite line from this book
Mercy Kolade
Favorite Book: Twilight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Mercy Kolade »

Wow!!
This series is one of the best romance series I read, from how the two main characters met, how their relationship started, even their fights and arguments. This series is an intense one, I even went as far as watching the movie. It is basically about life and relationships in a nutshell. Kudos to the Author.
Sarashi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Sarashi »

I love this after novel
When I start the novel I couldn't stop reading
Even the movie,like Hardin , Tessa
I love everything about it
If you haven't read this novel,trust me you are missing out a lot
Nachiyabi Simbeleko
Currently Reading: Better Than the Movies

Post by Nachiyabi Simbeleko »

This collection made me cry, laugh such a burst of emotions. I found the series beautiful in the sense that they went through real life struggles, something real and not all fairytale. The whole concept of the story line was beautiful but at some points the characters behaviors were exaggerated.The first two were splendid if I say so myself but the late book a total flop. In the last chapters of the book there was no need to drag the ending by giving the perfect ending. An ending doesn't have to be perfect but satisfying even if it doesn't go as a reader would have anticipated. For that I believe Anna got all wrong.
All in all it was something worth reading.
Gloriae02

Post by Gloriae02 »

The fan fiction After is the college is an amazing one. Set real unrealistic expectations for my college experience there. I love it! Highly recommend

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”