Book Review: Not another Bad Date by Rachel Gibson

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sassy_n_savy
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sassy-n-savy.html

Book Review: Not another Bad Date by Rachel Gibson

Post by sassy_n_savy »

This is the final book of the writer's series for Rachel Gibson. I honestly thought this character would go third but it went in the fourth but not that it actually matters. If you read the first three books, then you already have a sense of who and what Adele Harris is. She's the science fiction/fantasy writer within the group with a series of bad dates. She goes back to her hometown in Texas to help her older sister with her pregnancy and she happens to stumble across the one guy who happened to get away...Zach.

I really liked this book, because unlike the third book in the series the main female character stayed true to herself! She never gave up her values or her self-worth and told off the man when he clearly needed to be told off. The evil villain of this book (Devon- dead ex wife of Zach) was so materialistic and almost unlikeable that the reader just really didn't want to like her!! at all!! Clearly, this lady has some issues if she had lied to her boyfriend (Zach) about being on the pill when she wasn't and pretty much trapping him into an unwanted, and unloved marriage while poor Adele is left with a broken heart. I'm happy that Devon died the way she did, but I'm not too sure how necessary it was to portray Devon's life in the afterlife. Yes, I think it did add some charm to the book, but every time her narration came along I just wanted to roll my eyes and skim. Even though this character is dead, I felt like she really didn't understand the magnitude of what she did and MORE IMPORTANTLY WHY IT WAS WRONG OF HER TO LIE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Even at the end of the book, she was still angry and revengeful towards Zach, when she should have just realized the Zach never really loved her in the first place and she should just let it go.

I thought Zach was great, a little bit too charming and smooth for my tastes. I'm glad Zach was able to realize what he said was wrong.And if the author really wanted to have to book set in Texan she needs to work on her character accents...saying y'all is not good enough. Otherwise, good story
UnicornKnight
Favorite Author: Nora Sakavic
Currently Reading: Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unicornknight.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 58836

Post by UnicornKnight »

I read this book quite a while ago but it's definitely something I come back to when I've exhausted my new novels. Something about the Devon is protrayed just makes it so easy to hate her. As much as I would've liked to see some sort of character growth from her, like a redemption arc before she died, it was nice to have someone to direct all your anger and frustrations to. Overall such a great book, out of this series it's definitely one of my favorites.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”