Review of Timeless love

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Timeless love

Post by Tara D Morgan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Timeless love" by Stella Gioacas.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Timeless Love by Stella Gioacas introduces us to Emily and her best friend, Stacey. Emily has just broken up with her boyfriend of two years. Stacey and Emily had not seen each other for months because Emily had accused Stacey of wanting her man when Stacey tried to tell her that Craig had been seeing other women behind her back. In the two years Emily had been with Craig, he had alienated her from all her friends and family and made her leave her job. However, now she has found him with another woman in their bed! Stacey and Emily go for a walk to talk and get Craig out of their systems. They end up sitting in a park under a big tree. They start heading back to Stacey's house when the weather changes to rain, thunder, and lightning. Suddenly, Emily hears a loud crack, and everything goes white! Emily wakes up in a tiny bed in a room with equally small furniture. What has happened? Where is she? Moreover, who is Henry, the man with striking hazel-colored eyes? Read Timeless Love by Stella Gioacas to discover the answers to these questions.

I liked the humor Stella Gioacas included in the story. For instance, when the Dr. in eighteen hundred and seventy-four is trying to work out what all the strange things are that Emily is talking about example, on page thirty-one," 'And this Uber you mentioned earlier?' 'Oh, I believe that's some sort of luncheon meat, sir,' Henry said." I also enjoyed the fact that Emily goes back in time but is still in the exact location. I especially liked the comparisons and descriptions between the present and the past.

I did not enjoy some of Emily's expressions which were not what people would typically say. For example, on page forty, "And thirdly, sit and join me, you silly goose." Emily and Henry are the main protagonists in this story, but as we are told very little about their backstories, they are relatively flat and bland. I found the conversational passages too long-winded, making the book boring. I would have liked there to have been more depth to what could have been a fascinating story.

I recommend Timeless Love by Stella Gioacas to adults and older teenagers who enjoy time travel, romance, and historical fiction. There are some swearing and mild sexual scenes in the book, which make it inappropriate for a younger audience.

I want to give Timeless Love by Stella Gioacas 3 out of 5 stars, it was an interesting read, but it needed more substance for my liking. There was a good beginning, but the middle and ending all merged into one and were very much the same. The book would also benefit from further proofreading due to grammar and spelling errors. Because of these reasons, I have taken two stars off my rating!

Timeless love
View: on Bookshelves
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

Sounds like Craig isn't exactly the best man to be with! I think friendship is so important when you're in a relationship, as you need someone outside of the relationship to talk to. I hope Emily and Stacey work it out.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”