Review of Between Wines and Flowers

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of Between Wines and Flowers

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Between Wines and Flowers" by Karla de Oliveira.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Between Wines and Flowers is a romance novel written by Karla de Oliveria. The book deals with complex topics and is about the journeys faced in life. The main character goes through growth and learns more about what is important in life. The story and characters in this book are real and the reader gets the opportunity to walk through life with them.

Willian, the main character, has a soft spot in his heart for Angela. He knows Angela's secrets and they spend a lot of time together in their teen years. It all changes when Angela suddenly disappears. As an adult, Willian writes books about Angela. He's never been able to forget her. When he is faced with obstacles in his life, he decides it is time to try and find her again.

Readers who enjoy romance stories will find this book to be of interest. Due to the content, it would be best suited for young adults and adults. Those not interested in reading about romance will probably prefer to skip this one. There are also some sad parts in the book. Those not into reading about something sad may pass on it as well.

I liked reading Between Wines and Flowers. The author does an excellent job of developing the characters. I feel Willian is a relatable character, as is Angela. The flow of the storyline is easy to follow. I found myself not being able to put the book down, as I wanted to see what would happen next. I enjoyed the lightness the author used when dealing with the complex topics in the story. There was humor at different times to take away the seriousness of what was taking place. There was a good balance. I was also intrigued by what Willian would do next and how he would handle different situations. I liked reading about how he overcame certain things and also how he interacted with the people in his life. Overall, there was nothing to dislike about this book.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to be professionally edited and contains no errors. The plot is engaging and the characters are well-developed. I feel the author really hit the mark with this story and it is well-written. I would recommend this book to others. I would also enjoy reading other books by this author.

Between Wines and Flowers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mac :techie-reference:
Wren Michaels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wren-michaels.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Wren Michaels »

I really enjoy books where character building is focused on. Your review was detailed and well-written
Michaeleedsy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

The author did a good job in the characterization of this book, kudos. Growth is an interesting thing that is progressive and this book shows how it is done. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”