Couples you love to read about

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
H_Joeee
Currently Reading: The Second Cup
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Couples you love to read about

Post by H_Joeee »

I love Darynda Jones' 'Charlie Davidson and Reyes Farrow', good and evil, light and dark. Very good reads if into supernatural romance comedies.

:techie-studyingbrown:
jessicam0119
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicam0119.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by jessicam0119 »

I absolutely love reading about Claire and Jamie Fraser in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I read the first couple books before the show actually came out. Jamie is the ultimate man and Claire is a strong woman for what she has to go through.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
samanthanelson426
Currently Reading: The Zachary Blake Legal Thriller Series
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by samanthanelson426 »

I don't know if many people read m/m on this site, as I am new and trying to get into writing reviews. But I love most m/m couples! I love the way the characters are built, and with societies views and history of gay, bi, etc, these books intrigue me like no other. One of my favorite couples are from a book series called "Cost of Repairs". In two of the books, you have the same characters. The series is built in a town, and you fall in love with all of the people in this town. But my absolute favorite couple is Rey and Sam. They go through so much, and you feel for them and their struggles.
Gay, or m/m romance is different than most m/f books I have read. The angst of being a big, burly gay cop in a small town for Samuel Briggs, just grabs my heart. And the love Rey has for Sam is so touching. Out of the 800 plus books I have on my nook, this couple is amazing. I have read and reread this series so many times, and love these characters even more each time.

If you haven't given m/m a shot, try this series. It eases you into the genre and pulls at your heart.
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I always go back to the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Mac and Barrons are just magnetic and their romance isn't a single-book read. It spans multiple books and has so much misunderstandings and obvious longing it makes the entire series hard to put down.
Sammy822
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammy822.html
Latest Review: Russia's Biggest Hack by James E. Doucette

Post by Sammy822 »

Graham and Soraya from Stuck-up Suit By Vi Keeland and Penelope Doughlas are one of my favorite couples. Their banter is to die for and their chemistry is just off the charts. I also love Doe and King from King by TM Frazier.
rifieka
Currently Reading: 10 Steps To Earning Awesome Grades
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rifieka.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant

Post by rifieka »

Shelle wrote: 05 Apr 2016, 22:44 I really like the couples in Rainbow Rowell's books. They're written as if they're actual, real people, and not an idealized version of a couple. Actually, if Ms. Rowell just wants to write a whole series about Eleanor and Park, I'd be more than okay with that!
Honestly speaking, I have searched to the end of the book the part where people are being so excited about. I mean I didn't really like it and I like almost every book I've read, except for books that have like 400 and something pages with a trash ending, like "why did I waste my precious time and brain energy??? For a trash ending???" But this book actually threw me off in that I was 200% sure that the ending was going to be trash and claw at my heart, but it actually didn't. That's why it's not going into book hell for me. But, really though, I don't see what all the hype about this book.
rifieka
Currently Reading: 10 Steps To Earning Awesome Grades
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rifieka.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant

Post by rifieka »

Clary and Jace. Clace. All the way. This romance is the best romance journey EVER. well, I guess simon and isabelle can join in on the To-Die-For-Romance hall of fame. And not to forget Alec and Magnus. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
alohaaleii
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Touch Me Not
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alohaaleii.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by alohaaleii »

Kira And Lachlan Mount from the Anti-Hero’s Collection written by Meghan March. Alpha male and strong female who stands her ground no matter. And Rhett and Ava’s love story in “A Reason to Stay” by Melissa Ellen.
AmyJewell
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AmyJewell »

Any Ivy Smoak fans?

Love all her characters, she has a real talent for creating such likeable characters.
Akshobhya B
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshobhya-b.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Akshobhya B »

Ross and Demelza Poldark from the Poldark series. The novels are set during the late 18th century. Ross Poldark returns from the American Revolutionary War and finds his life in Britian in disarray. Demelza is Ross' maid and irrespective of their social positions they fall in love and marry. Throughout the series they bicker and have affairs but their love for one another never diminishes. They are cute and hilarious together.
Nafiudeen O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Nafiudeen O »

Crier’s War by Nina Varela
Crier and Ayla

If you give me two characters on the opposite side of a conflict who start out hating/not understanding each other, then gradually develop feelings and start to see the other’s perspective? I’m GOING to love it. The reason Crier and Ayla are in the 15th spot is because I wanted a little more development as they went from enemies to sort-of-allies, but I still loved every single moment that we got between them.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

The couples in A Court of Thorns and Roses Series by Sara J. Maas this time. Or the couples in Colleen Hoover's books. I would also love to read about Connell and Marianne from Normal People by Sally Rooney.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

The couple in Fangirl, Landline, and Eleanor and Park, all by Rainbow Rowell! I am also interested in knowing how the stories go in Colleen Hoover's books! I love Contemporary Romance so muuuch and I can't deny it. Denying it seems like a sin.
Carly Sprout
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-rose.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

samanthanelson426 wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 16:06 I don't know if many people read m/m on this site, as I am new and trying to get into writing reviews. But I love most m/m couples! I love the way the characters are built, and with societies views and history of gay, bi, etc, these books intrigue me like no other. One of my favorite couples are from a book series called "Cost of Repairs". In two of the books, you have the same characters. The series is built in a town, and you fall in love with all of the people in this town. But my absolute favorite couple is Rey and Sam. They go through so much, and you feel for them and their struggles.
Gay, or m/m romance is different than most m/f books I have read. The angst of being a big, burly gay cop in a small town for Samuel Briggs, just grabs my heart. And the love Rey has for Sam is so touching. Out of the 800 plus books I have on my nook, this couple is amazing. I have read and reread this series so many times, and love these characters even more each time.

If you haven't given m/m a shot, try this series. It eases you into the genre and pulls at your heart.
I have to be honest I haven't read many m/m books and I'm interested in seeing how male roles are also structured by society's gender assumptions and if it's as obvious as in m/f romance novels. This story seems so special to you and I hope it comes to mean a little something to me too. Thank you for the reccomendation.
Carly Sprout
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-rose.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

Kate Burkholder and John Tomasetti in Linda Castillo's Kate Burkholder book series. Their chemistry is so good and comfortable

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”