Review of Do You Remember Me?

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Review of Do You Remember Me?

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Do You Remember Me?" by Wm M Crouch.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch is a captivating book about the issues that characterize the lives of young people and how these issues may or may not affect them in later life. Issues like love, drugs, and alcohol are highlighted in the novel as constituents of the lives of high school and college kids. It is also about the life of the protagonist, Nick Hemming, and how he grows and develops mentally, socially, spiritually, and psychologically.

Set mostly in the 1980s, the book starts with Nick as an eighteen-year-old working as a clerk in his father's hardware store. His social life is no great shakes until he gets into a relationship of a sort with Carmen. They dated for five months, and those five months, for Nick, were transformational. He was plugged into a state of ecstasy that he had never experienced in his life before. He jumps headlong into it, to the detriment of his friends, John, Tucker, and Andrea. But, after a long time, Tucker calls Nick's house and finds Nick in a daze, clutching a rope in an unsettling manner. Afterwards, it's "same old, same old" for Nick, who falls into a depressed state. What must have gone wrong to cause such an emotional upheaval? Did Nick suddenly hate life, or did life suddenly hate him? What became of his relationship with Carmen? Was he abandoned to his fate? And above all, was he able to get over his depression and its cause?

The book is very realistic and most young people would find it very relatable because of this. A few of the older generation may well remember how they struggled with the things mentioned in the book. There are people, like our protagonist, Nick, who possess an introverted attitude, and this tends to affect them in one way or the other. They only feel bold when they are in common circumstances and with certain people. For Nick, it's being at the hardware store working and not with his peers at school, especially girls. Reaching out to the world is never a priority, at least not until they start to feel like the odd one out in social gatherings and sincerely wish to overcome their disabilities. They would then embark on a mission to be like everybody else. Sadly, most of them do not make it out to the other end. Their introverted attitude makes them unprepared for failure, and this could lead to disastrous consequences.

I believe the author shares a personality with his protagonist. Nick's thought patterns could not have been written by someone who was never an introvert. Ranging from his fears to the creation of a metaphorical universe in his mind where he sees himself in a much better light than what he is Every detail was presented in such a way that leaves the keen reader in no doubt that the author has put a bit of himself into Nick.

Honestly, people who want to delve into the world of the introverted to know how the minds of these "weirdos" work should read this book. It would reveal a whole new world and guide them to the path of understanding how these people feel and how they could help them out should they fall into depression. I would rate the book at four out of four for its realistic perspective, relatability, and its effective presentation.

Do You Remember Me?
View: on Bookshelves
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Billboards Across America by D.J. Parsons

Post by Kendal Low »

Being an introvert myself I think i may enjoy this book, reading about someone similar to me. Thanks for a good review.
Opara Jerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opara-jerry.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Opara Jerry »

It’s very refreshing to see a book that divides the issues younger people in our society Face. I believe that a lot of people are aware of these issues but very few people have a proper understanding of these issues due to a lack of communication with young people who have a certain disconnection from the older population. This book, especially with such a rating, seems like it can help.
Ruth Omonegho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-omonegho.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ruth Omonegho »

This is a fine book that gives enlighten people on how to develop all that encompasses their being; social life, emotional life, psychology and others.
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

I am really a fan of romantic books. Romantic books are quite engaging. The book cover is another amazing feature. I look forward to reading this book. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Michaeleedsy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

Teenagers experience a lot of things that either moulds or shatter their stability. This book revolves around love, drugs, and other teen-age issues. I'd love to read this book. Thanks for your honest review.
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

This book is one that I really must read as a teenager with my whole life ahead of her. Fantastic review, by the way
Shadex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Shadex »

[/b]This book is a lesson to all teenagers, and also will enlighten them about most things they are ignorant about.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”