Review of A Day in the Life: A Jinx Named Joe

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of A Day in the Life: A Jinx Named Joe

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Day in the Life: A Jinx Named Joe" by BJ McQueen.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Day in the Life: A Jinx Named Joe (A Romance Story) by BJ McQueen is a romantic comedy that revolves around Joseph, his friends, and fiends. Joseph Tanner’s day started on a bad note; he woke up late, and everything else he did went wrong. Fortunately, he met Lisa, a window dresser at Malon’s Department Store, who enamored him. He even painted a portrait of her, which would be subjected to a critique, for his final exam after failing to find a model. The painting looked like those done by Conrad Binkendorf, a billionaire painter who has never been seen.

Will Joseph ever meet Lisa and find the courage to gift her the portrait? What does she think of him? Joseph Tanner, or Joe, was a likable character from the start. His clumsiness stuck to him and attracted all sorts of good and bad things. Every event in his life had a little impact on the plot, but all these minor incidents eventually contributed to immense torrents that drove the plot forward captivatingly. To Joe, Lisa is the true north that often readjusts his settings back to factory mode.

One major twist caught me off-guard, and even the answer that seemed the most plausible to me was outrightly wrong. It is this chasing after various probabilities and later finding out I was miles away from the truth that made me enjoy reading the book. It introduced a fresh aspect to a story that would be considered mundane. Whereas the characters are realistic and ordinary, their distinctness, the weaving of various components into the story, and the use of numerous literary devices made the story unique. The humor was top-notch.

I enjoyed the conversational tone employed in the book; it made me feel like I was listening to two friends having a light conversation. Additionally, the fact that the author occasionally switched back and forth in time to fill some gaps in the narration was incredible. The only aspect I disliked about the book was the sloppy editing; I encountered some errors that necessitate another round of editing. Accordingly, I rate the book three out of four.

The book is best suited for ardent readers of comedy romance. There are no steamy love scenes, and it mainly comprises humorous conversations that will keep one entertained all through. As a result, anyone who enjoys comedy can read the book; be prepared to laugh your lungs out.

A Day in the Life: A Jinx Named Joe
View: on Bookshelves
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Josseline ramirez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Josseline ramirez »

:D after reading, I want to read it more. To find out if he finds Lisa, if he gifts Lisa the portrait. If he tells her how he feels or why he did the portrait. It’s all what ifs. That’s exciting to see how the romance starts.
Bri Denzel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-denzel.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Bri Denzel »

I love romantic comedies, and I hope I have enough free time to take on this one. You delivered a great review. Well done.
Duwire Banda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-duwire-banda.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Duwire Banda »

A book that blends romance and comedy is something that I don't normally read. This sounds like a good book though.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I enjoy a romantic comendy from time to time and the Review paints a beautiful and relaxed picture of this book. I have read a 'light' book in a while and would love to read this book as the Reviewer promises a lot of laughs!
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I'd love to find out Lisa's reaction to the painting! This sounds like a very enjoyable book. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”