Review of Regrets, Love, Sex and Life Lessons

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Review of Regrets, Love, Sex and Life Lessons

Post by Vivian Stones »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Regrets, Love, Sex and Life Lessons" by Melissa Owens.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Regrets, Love, Sex, and Life Lessons is an interesting book filled with many lessons by Melissa Owens. The story starts with Melissa being diagnosed with bipolar disorder. In the psychiatric hospital where she was admitted, she met Chris, a fine young man who she instantly fell in love with. They immediately clicked, and they got to know more about each other and the goals they wanted to accomplish once they were discharged. After a night together, Melissa woke up the next morning and found out Chris was dead. She felt distraught and heartbroken.

Out of the psychiatric hospital, she met a man with three kids. It didn’t work out because of the things Melissa discovered about him. She met David, another fine young man. They got into a relationship for six months, until one night when Melissa invited him to spend the night with her. She learned about his incapability and decided he was not meant for her. She met several other men who she didn’t stick with for so long because of one thing or another, and there were some who she could stick with but couldn’t because of their families. She learned a lot of lessons from her encounters with these men. Get this book to learn about the lessons she learned and the experiences she had with these different men.

I learned a lot of lessons from Melissa's experiences with the different men she got into a relationship with while reading this book. I got to learn about the good things to look out for in a man and also the bad things. Another important lesson I learned in this book is to always mind my business. This lesson actually got Melissa a bonus and also a reduction in her work hours. It pays to mind your business. I also learned not to get involved with other women's husbands, especially if they already have kids. All the married men or men with kids that Melissa got involved with in this book left her at some point to put their families back together. Melissa is one strong woman, I must say. She got her heart broken by several men in this book, but that didn’t stop her from having fun. She didn’t cry for a man for too long before getting another. I admire her strength. I love Melissa's descriptive skills. The way she described the men she encountered was interesting and beautiful. She took in every detail about each man she got along with in this book.

While Melissa had sexual intercourse with the several men she got into a relationship with in this book, I never for once saw where she used protection in all of them. I know they were in a relationship, and she trusted them, but there were some who she had intercourse with, and they weren’t even in a relationship or anything of that sort; it just happened at the spur of the moment. One actually got her pregnant, and she was already married at that time. This might mislead the readers. I also got tired of reading this book at some point because Melissa had sexual intercourse with almost all the men she wrote about in this book. So at the beginning of each chapter, I already knew what would happen at the end of the chapter. It made this less interesting for me. These were the only things I didn’t like about this book.

I found some errors in the book. This shows it was professionally edited. I rate this book three out of four stars. I didn’t give it a much lower rating because despite the negative aspects I stated above, I still enjoyed this book and learned a lot from it. I deducted a star because of the negative aspects I stated above. There are a lot of sexual scenes in this book. So, I recommend it to lovers of romance books. I also recommend it to adults who are married, engaged, or in a relationship.

Regrets, Love, Sex and Life Lessons
View: on Bookshelves
Dattatraya
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Unsilenced
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dattatraya.html
Latest Review: Teen Life Skills by Florance Philip
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dattatraya »

Very straight forward review! I liked summary very much! I may try though I hate multiple relationships.
Stephapierce23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Stephapierce23 »

Hate multiple relationships but enjoyed the summary !
amber kamm
Currently Reading: Regrets, Love, Sex and Life Lessons
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by amber kamm »

This review gets right to the point of story. And draws you in, makes you intrigued to read the book!!
McKenzie Whisenant

Post by McKenzie Whisenant »

Good review, it’s very straight forward. It gives you a good summary of the book!
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

I think there is a lot to learn from this book especially with the way things are going today. This will serve as a warning to young women and they will learn from the author's regrets.
Dattatraya
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Unsilenced
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dattatraya.html
Latest Review: Teen Life Skills by Florance Philip
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dattatraya »

:tiphat: Very True!
ThankGod Onyishi, I liked your comment.
Mabosi paul brian
Currently Reading: Through my window
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Mabosi paul brian »

Wow! It's quite an interesting book that has boosted my reading towards it, thanks
CharlesC+Esq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesc-esq.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by CharlesC+Esq »

This sounds like an honest enough review to know what the book is about.
I like it that the book was authored by a woman, for a man it sounds interesting to know what goes on in women's minds.
I'm taken aback just reading about all the shenanigans Melissa pursued with any male she could submit to without taking a second thought; kind of sounds like those 'Mills ad Boon' sexualised stories that leave one's mind sex-charged to a point of being fed up.
I suppose this book won't be suitable to a lot of people.
I might be read it, just to fantasize and not necessarily making it a treasure. For being brought up in a society where we men are perceived like randy creatures and the norm tends to accuse men of failing to handle themselves such as those victims of the 'me-too camapign' against men, this book just gives it away that some in the opposite sex are a whole enchilada way beyond men's level of sexual appetites.
Thanks to the author and reviewer for being straight forward and candid, we need more women like you to spill the beans and reveal it all.
Chioma Onuorah 1

Post by Chioma Onuorah 1 »

It's an interesting book. But i really think Melissa should have controlled herself and get her act together if she wanted to find a better man for herself instead of the multiple ones she got and not a single man could stay with her.
Kinggroovy1
Currently Reading: A New God in Athens
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinggroovy1.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Kinggroovy1 »

Hmmm, I'm wondering if the book is non-fiction seeing the authors name is Melissa and the main character in the book is also Melissa. I don't think I might find all the sexual stuff interesting if it's too much. But i would like to know what good/bad things women should look out for, I might learn a thing or two
Fese Elvis

Post by Fese Elvis »

Quit an interesting book, i recommended it to my sister since she had similar issues
Che Genesis
Currently Reading:

Post by Che Genesis »

:oops2: :roll2: the book is so interesting at least young girls will know their steps now as far as relationship is concerned
Chloe Chetty
Currently Reading:

Post by Chloe Chetty »

There's alot life lessons to be learnt from this book...like you can relate to most of these lessons in so many ways in reality...it also gives you further thinking about different aspects and situations, even like how you should handle situations that life may throw at you
Horlarmidey Harkinolah
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-horlarmidey-harkinolah.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Horlarmidey Harkinolah »

It is called a romance and erotic novel because of those features. What is an erotic novel without the descriptive scenes.
Thanks for the summary, I know what to expect in the novel. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”