Review of Now I Can See the Moon

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Review of Now I Can See the Moon

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Now I Can See the Moon" by Bonar Ash.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bonar Ash's Now I Can See The Moon is a book about half-truths, lies, love, contempt, jealousy, secrets, and childhood trauma. It is an emotional roller coaster. There are many lessons to be learned in this book. These include learning to forgive and let go, even if it's hard. Another lesson is that no one is perfect, and you learn to love people despite their imperfections.

What happens when everything you know about your past is a lie? Milly is a seventeen-year-old teen who lost her mother and grandparents at a young age. Luke, her mum’s close friend who became her guardian, protected her and also cared for her till she was all grown up and was about to leave for university. During the summer before she leaves, truths are revealed about her past. Everything she thought she knew was all lies told to protect her.

The positive aspects of this book are many. The novel was intelligently written by the author. I love the storyline and the plot of the book. The author took her time to give vivid descriptions of places and also the personae of characters in the book, which made the characters interesting and, generally, the book fun to read. This made me like a character in the book, Babe, who was funny and protective of Milly. I liked her sarcastic replies. The narrative twist and turns in the book are intriguing because when you think you know what will happen next, the author always seems to surprise you. There is a lot of emotion in this book, and while reading this book, I had to deal with a lot of complex feelings. I felt every emotion the characters experienced, including pain, love, loss, and jealousy. This was an amazing experience. I also loved the poems and songs used by the author in the book. The writer also gave the book a pleasant ending. Don't miss out on reading this incredible book. I can’t wait to read more of the author's books.

One negative aspect of this book is that though the book was beautifully written, the beginning was a bit boring but became interesting as I read further. Also, some of the parts written in French were not translated, which made it difficult to understand what was being said.

I will be rating this book 3 out of 4 stars because although the author did an incredible and tremendous job, the negative aspects I mentioned affected how much I loved the book. The book was exceptionally written and professionally edited. There was only an error.

I recommend this book to people who are lovers of romance and sentimental novels. I also recommend this book to young adults and also adults.

Now I Can See the Moon
View: on Bookshelves
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

It must be have been really traumatic for Milly. Reading this review already evoked some of these emotions from me. I wonder how it feels living a lie as a life.
Great review , I look forward to reading this book.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

This is certainly going to be an amazing read for me. I like that the book evokes emotions in the reader. This is a quality that would appeal to be (I am a crier. Lol). Thank you for this beautiful review.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

It must have been shocking having to find out that one's life has been a lie all along. The disappointments and possibly questions about what is true must have been troubling for Milly. Thank you for this review.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

I will have a go at this because at some point, I have kind like of been in Milly’s shoes. I want to see where the author goes with this and how this is resolved. It must have been traumatic.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

I love that I would not only enjoy this book but also learn a lot of lessons from it. I wonder how Milly felt when she discovered that all she knew were all lies. Thank you for your review.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

I love books that are fun to read, like this one. I think this book would be interesting because of the themes this book borders on. Your review is also beautiful by the way.
Darlings O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

I will read this book when I have the chance. I just hope the parts written in french in this book are not that much. I also like that you didn't find many errors in his book.
Michael Valentine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

The title of this book seems intriguing. The cover of the book is beautiful. The story itself is amazing. I think I will enjoy this book. Thank you for this beautiful review.
Chinemezu Okafor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

I love books that have a great storyline, great characters, and a beautiful cover. I have no doubt I would enjoy this book. I would like to learn about Milly and how she felt in this book. Thank you for your review.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thanks for a great review. It’s great that the author was able to surprise you as quite often you can tell what is coming with the next twist. It’s also great to hear that the author was truly able to convey the characters feelings and make you experience them. I will have to give this a go.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

This sounds like a very intriguing book. I also believe that it is easier to love someone because of their imperfections and not in spite of them. Thanks for a great review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”