Review of When Your Body Gets Weak

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of When Your Body Gets Weak

Post by Aisha Yakub »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "When Your Body Gets Weak" by Marilyn Louise Steede.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Is age just a number? What do you think about a May/November romance? When Your Body Gets Weak is a story about a couple with a significant age gap between them. While they seem attracted to each other, some things get in their way. Firstly, the age difference between them seems to be an issue. Secondly, Sonjae's stepfather, who has tried to sleep with Imani for some years and failed, will stop at nothing to fulfill his desire, even if he must use violence.

Sonjae is supposed to attend a meeting in New York. What happens at that meeting leaves attendees dead. Imani refuses to give up the hope that her fifteen years younger sweetheart could still be alive. Will her hope pay off?

Marilyn Louise Steede has put together a captivating story. Like the synopsis of this book says, this book is not your typical romantic escapade. There are a couple of things I enjoyed about this book. Firstly, I like how the romantic scenes were explained and described. It's amazing how words that aren't sexually explicit were used to depict and convey deep emotions. This book was written in a very conservative but expressive manner, and this is a testament to the author's writing prowess. In addition, I like how the ideas in this book were detailed. The setting was very imaginable. The characters were brought to life with carefully chosen words, and the actions were vividly described. Imani's character was very likable, and I found myself rooting for her. I also liked that events that had to do with the 9/11 attack were included in this book. It made this book holistic, as it was more than just a romance novel.

In my opinion, I thought the conversations were a bit excessive. I felt that some things could have been communicated to the readers without a dialogue; this significantly added to the length of the book. Again, I didn't quite appreciate how the characters mused. Many times, when Imani thought to herself, it seemed like she was thinking to somebody else, and this seemed unrealistic to me.

Apart from these issues, this was a great read. This book was exceptionally edited as I found no errors. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was a captivating read, and the negative aspects I encountered did not interfere with my reading experience.

I recommend this book to readers of romance. Sporting competitions, physical fitness, and the 9/11 tragedy are concepts included in this book; if any of these interests you, you may want to read this book.

When Your Body Gets Weak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

I like the storyline of the book as it a very rare to find a true romance as this. This book is a must read.
Juliet Keith
Currently Reading: Think and Live Longer
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-keith.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by Juliet Keith »

Judging by this review,the book is not the typical romance story. This definitely makes it intriguing. I'd love to read it.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Billboards Across America by D.J. Parsons

Post by Kendal Low »

Seems like an intriguing book and I would love to give it a try.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”