Review of Dressing As Julia

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tony Official
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-official.html
Latest Review: America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy by Noel Terry

Review of Dressing As Julia

Post by Tony Official »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dressing As Julia" by Simon Potter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dressing as Julia is a fictional book penned by Simon Potter. Simon’s main casts include Jem Clarke, Mon Howard, RiccardoParisi, Janek franitza, David Lomax, and Louise Carrbridge. Mon Howard was a man who, on the verge of his final vows as a priest, opted out to become an English teacher in St Matthews’s high school. He is the director of the school plays, and this has been his ritual every year to direct a drama. The current drama was not the usual kind of drama for school children as he included modern contemporary themes to suit the current trend. The drama had roles for women, and the school was an all-boys school. Thus, some boys were to be dressed as women for the roles. This was the beginning of the rollercoaster yearnings of Mon Howard for Jem.

The genesis of Jem’s transformation could be traced to the school play titled ‘The Duchess of Malfi’, where he played the role of an adulterous woman named Julia. The play changed his life entirely. The character gave him a sense of belonging and an object of admiration among his teachers and fellow students. This was his opposite personality before the drama. He loved the attention and towed towards the lane of becoming a transvestite. His discovery and transformation were elaborately detailed in this book.

The book was intentionally divided into twenty-seven chapters and written in four hundred and thirty-eight pages. It centers primarily on discovery and transformation. It is a very controversial book but with a fascinating storyline. One major aspect of the book that I liked was the storyline. It was unique and very creative. The structure of the chapters and the punctuation trend employed were very remarkable. The author’s descriptive skills are highly commendable. The standard of English words employed was easy to read and understand. It also polished my vocabulary, for I learned new words. The author’s temerity to pen down such a controversial book is quite exceptional. It takes a free-minded audience to appreciate the book. The author’s ability to give insight into the background of the main characters was very laudable. It made me understand their different points of view. It was a great book.

It is a contentious book and is prone to subjective disagreements. Some of the contents contained in the books were not appealing to me as they were against my moral judgment. The book also contained some minor errors; it was professionally edited.

I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. The book deserves a perfect rating because it was a captivating story. The author passed his message across remarkably, and the book contained only a few errors. The negative aspect I mentioned did not affect my satisfaction with the book.

I will recommend the book to adults who are above the age of 21 years and has a flair for homo-erotic books.

Dressing As Julia
View: on Bookshelves
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

from this review, i cant but say that the storyline is powerful and the author did a great job. nice review.
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

Most of the time, organising dramas can be fun. The book was well written and professionally edited but I won't be reading it because of the homo-erotic theme there. Nice review by the way.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

The book has definitely captures my interest. It was well detailed and captivating.
Thank you for the review.
Rex Rexy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rex-rexy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rex Rexy »

I couldn't help but giggle at the character that changed his mind at the last hurdle of becoming a priest. Taking a vow to be celibate made him have a rethink. Good review sir
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

I really admire the storyline of the book. The book is well detailed and thrilling. I also like the characters and I looked forward to meeting Jem.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I think this book sounds like something I would really enjoy. I'd be quite interested to read it. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”