Review of Atlantis Writhing

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Review of Atlantis Writhing

Post by Lucy Vera »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Atlantis Writhing" by Jean Brannon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jean Brannon's Atlantis Writhing is a fantasy book where the author takes us on a journey to a world where the higher light is in a battle against the lesser light, good versus evil, and love against fear. He takes us to a world where what you least expect like the merfolk (half human half fish), hybrid or mixed breed, half reptile half-human, and many other fascinating creatures exist. Some of these creatures have powers or special abilities.

Elysia and her crewmates are sent on a mission by their superiors in Ahaiele to help fight the lesser forces with the higher light, but they do not know that everything might go wrong or that what they thought to be true might not be what it seems. Hunter has been bonded to Elysia from birth, but what do you think will happen when the handsome half-breed king of Moldaaris Alaric comes into the picture, and there is an attraction between them? Doesn’t it sound exciting? Another twist that is added by the author is that the king of Atlantis seems to be obsessed with Elysia. What do you think is going to happen? You just have to read the book to find out.

The positive aspects of this book are many. The imagery painted by the author and the way she narrated the story brought their world and the characters in it alive. It felt so real, and it was fascinating. I also loved the adventure, the suspense, the magical world, and the mystical beings created by the author. It is a must-read. I like that Elysia, who is a character in this book, can be a role model to other women out there. Despite what she faced, she overcame them; even though she was scared and afraid, she still fought, and she never allowed anyone to belittle her. I would love to read the next book because it ended on a cliffhanger.

The negative aspect is that while reading the beginning of the book at first, it was difficult to grasp what was happening or what the author was trying to talk about. It was after I read further that I began to understand and see the beauty of the book.

I will be rating this book 4 out of 4 stars because the author was creative with the story's plot, and she had a unique way of bringing the key characters' strengths and weaknesses to life. I found no reason to rate the book lower. The book was also well written and exceptionally well edited. There were no vulgar words or typos to be found.

I recommend this book to people who are fans of science fiction or fantasy romance books. I also recommend this book to people who love adventure, action, or a heartfelt romance novel.

Atlantis Writhing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

The book cover looks fascinating. This book sounds interesting. I’ve always loved books that have to do with supernatural beings.
Abdulrahman Alidriga
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: The Raven Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 69

Post by Abdulrahman Alidriga »

I love this book because i learned that in this world there are creatures like the merfolk (half human half fish), hybrid or mixed breed, half reptile half-human, and many other creatures do exist. Therefore i recommend this book to people who love adventure, and romance novel.
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

Nice storyline, but not my kind of book. I would recommend it to those who love science fiction books.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

From my experience, I can tell that this book is going to be very interesting. I love sci fi books. I would definitely get this book in my shelf. Thanks for this wonderful review.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

from this review, i believe this is a powerful book. will be adding it to my chelf for letter reading.
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

A fantasy book with hybrid creatures. The book cover is enough to compel me to read the book. Nicely written review.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

I can tell from this descriptive review that the plot is engaging, romantic, and intriguing. I really look forward to reading this book to savor the moment. Thank you for your review.
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

The cover and title are stunning and eye-catching, they drew me in and your review sealed the deal. I need to know what happens. Great review!
SparkindaGl0
Currently Reading: On Becoming Me: Memoir of an 80's Teenager
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by SparkindaGl0 »

I can feel that reading this book is gonna take me into an adventure of a new world. I love those kind of mental trips. Thank you for the review.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I love this cover and it seems like it has some very interesting teams. I can't wait to pick this up.
Junior Gesuka 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Junior Gesuka 1 »

This new-age fantasy takes readers on a journey into the depths of love, sensuality, and connection that spans lifetimes. The action-packed plot explores the ways in which contrasting energies are at play in the world, those of a higher light essence and those of a lesser light essence, and how societies and people are influenced by these energies. The author illuminates how intentionally aligning with Highest Light and grounding into one’s power center can truly transform reality as we know it.

The imagery painted by the author throughout the novel is, simply put, stunning. Colorful, vibrant, and beaming with energy, this novel literally transported me to another time and place.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

Aquaman in a book? Well not close, but not too farther apart either. I don't really think that this interests me. Great review though.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I'm not quite sure what higher light is but this book does sound fascinating!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”