Any New Adult Recommendations

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Celticmabh13
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticmabh13.html

Re: Any New Adult Recommendations

Post by Celticmabh13 »

Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian!
geokika
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by geokika »

God there are so many! :) besides my favorite one - which is Thoughtless by S.C Stephens (i already mentioned it a lot in my posts) here are some of my favorites:

'The Deal' by Elle Kennedy
'With this heart' by R.S Grey
'Wallbanger' by Alice Clayton - hilarious
'Tangled' by Emma Chase
'A perfect Ten' by Linda Kage
'A little too far' by Lisa Desrochers
'The opportunist' by Tarryn Fisher
'Need' by K.I Lynn

I could go on and on but i think 8 is enough for now.

-- 21 Apr 2015, 16:25 --
Sapphire1258 wrote:Yes series are fine, new adult is basically romance books with more steamy stuff involved.. not quite like fifty shades but in between that and romance for young adult.
New Adult Romance is basically a romance sub-genre where the main characters are in the 18-26 age bracket. It doesn't necessarily involve more steamy stuff - i've read a lot of NA books with no sex scenes in them.
msmail12
Favorite Author: Allyson James
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmail12.html
Latest Review: "The Road to Round Mountain" by C.G. Roberts
fav_author_id: 8178

Post by msmail12 »

Nicole Williams wrote a crazy good series called Crash. There is a lot of drama, but somehow she makes it work, her lost and found series didn't quite live up to it, but that is probably because I like on of the minor characters better than the main character. Nyrae Dawn is all about bringing big life issues into the lives of younger people, and I really like that she doesn't try to make them more mature than they are, which is the biggest reading curve for me personally. Monica Murphy has a great two book series that starts with One Week Girlfriend, the dynamic of the couple goes against a lot of stereotypes although they might be a little too mature in behavior for their age, I am willing to go with it considering the circumstances. H. P. Mallory is the bomb although I don't really think she qualifies for this genre. A bit of an odd one is L. J. McDonald. The kids aren't what you would expect and the fantasy aspect allows McDonald to go crazy, but I really like how it flows, and the change of pace is great since you might guess that I read a lot (this isn't even my favorite subgenre). Elle Kennedy is another fantastic one although the story line might be a little cliché, its cliché for a reason people keep buying it. Colleen Masters is good; I would put her middle of the pack from what I have read, but her writing style really isn't to my taste, so I am a bit biased there. R. J. Prescott is just getting started, but I am already an addict. I love the way this author writes and take a spin on the jock nerd romance angle.
Latest Review: "The Road to Round Mountain" by C.G. Roberts
kovac-nikki
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kovac-nikki.html

Post by kovac-nikki »

Samantha Young's books are amazing. I love On Dublin Street. One of my favorites is Foreplay by Sophie Jordan. I absolutely love that one. Very cute.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

Robyn Carr writes good adult novels. Her novels are fun because she created a specific town and you mostly read about the people in that town. I have found Harvest Moon to be my favorite of hers so far. I hope this helps.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
cdnollett
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdnollett.html
Latest Review: "Chasing Payne" by Chantel Seabrook

Post by cdnollett »

If you love New Adult, I recommend the Wait For You series by J. Lynn and the Off-Campus series by Elle Kennedy. Each of the books within each series are stand-alones, and I love them!
Latest Review: "Chasing Payne" by Chantel Seabrook
Sabriel8
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabriel8.html

Post by Sabriel8 »

Lisa Kleypas has authored an addictive collection about a family of Texan aristocracy and their love intrigues. It's light and gossip-y, but also clearly informed by a factual basis in the underlying psychology of relationships. The author's portrayal of emotional abuse, depression, and manipulation are wrenchingly accurate, yet buffered in this semi-dream world where happy endings preside. It's an appealing mix of suspense and steamy romance, and half revering and half mocking the lives of the rich and famous.
kmd06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmd06.html

Post by kmd06 »

Sydney Landon- Danvers series & Lucian&Lia series- easy light reads. Diane Duvall Immortal Guardians series is good if you're into the vampire genre
paigemiller813
Currently Reading: black-eyed susans
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigemiller813.html

Post by paigemiller813 »

Pierced by Sydney Landon. I could not put this book down. It is a Trilogy, Pierced, Fractured and Mended. It has some of the steamy stuff, but the actual story line is so sad and gripping that you will find yourself thinking and talking about it days after you have finished it. All three novels are full of twists and turns that you won't see coming, you will be on the edge of your seat the entire time. I read all three books within three days, I could not stop!
kimcormack
Favorite Author: C.S Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2960">Wild Thing</a>
Currently Reading: Sweet Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimcormack.html

Post by kimcormack »

Can I suggest my own series? Is that allowed? ;) Sweet Sleep and Enlightenment are both free for review on this site.

-- 16 Jun 2015, 10:42 --

One of my author friends has a new box set out, Baby Girl. I'm reading it right now. I'll let you guys know, but so far it's pretty good.
mollymew
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollymew.html

Post by mollymew »

You need to read the Marked Men series by Jay Crownover! Super good! The get better and better as the series goes on. You can tell the author is really starting to strengthen her craft. Her other series Better When He's Bad, is also really good. I hate hate hate poorly written new adult books, and NA books with weak women as the main character. Crownover's books are hot, and have smart protagonists!
Michelle92
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle92.html
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann

Post by Michelle92 »

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton is a really good mix of humor and hotness.
An amazing choice to have a really good time, you can read it in one night sitting. It make Alice Clayton one of my to go authors for some funny stories.
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann
DarthMom25
Currently Reading: Deadly Design
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darthmom25.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
2024 Reading Goal: 364
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by DarthMom25 »

Here's some of my favorites:

The Powers that Be series by Harper Bentley
Slaters Brothers series by L.A. Casey
Carter Brother series by Lisa Helen Gray
Whiplash by Tabatha Kiss
Relentless series by Karen Lynch
Inked Brotherhood series by Jo Raven
An Offensive Line by Tracey Ward
This is the Wonder by Tracey Ward
Adhen Surrain
Currently Reading: Bishop's War
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adhen-surrain.html

Post by Adhen Surrain »

I would recommend Hello Soulmate by Evenneking. A touchy story.
mommyreadsbooks
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommyreadsbooks.html
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mommyreadsbooks »

I just finished Fractured Beat by RB Hillary and it was really good. I do not recall the actually age of the characters but it seems New Adult and it is the first book of a series.
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”