Review of Wings Discovered

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Review of Wings Discovered

Post by Black Jewel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wings Discovered" by Clover Coy.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wings Discovered by Clover Coy is the first book in a new romantic series involving angels. In it, we are introduced to Stephanie, a young woman taking her autistic sister Amma to Frumpy’s gas station. This station is not what anyone would call an upscale establishment, but it is the only place in town that sells Amma’s favorite drink.

Unfortunately, the drink is out of stock at the station and Amma goes into meltdown mode. Luck is on Stephanie’s side when the handsome new manager comes to the rescue and calms Amma down, however. This leads Stephanie to believe that this new manager, Lee, is a miracle worker. Lee, who is an angel in disguise, is afraid that Stephanie is too close to the truth. He knows that he needs to be more careful to not give himself away, and that it would be wise to move Stephanie and her sister along. All the same, Lee can’t help finding Stephanie to be attractive. This troubles him as he is there to put a stop to the flurry of child trafficking taking place in the area, not dally with a human. But the thought of pursuing her feels right. Could Stephanie also be a part of his assignment?

What I truly liked about this book was how alive the characters felt. It was possible to imagine them walking right off the page and into my life as real people. This made the story come to life and also as though I was right there witnessing the events taking place instead of just reading a book. I find immersive reads to be more enjoyable by far.

However, this book ended too abruptly in a cliff-hanger just as it was getting started. This is actually the starting point of a serial novel instead of a complete short story. This type of book always leaves me feeling frustrated and quite cheated. Instead of wanting to pick up the next book as the ending was intended to push you to do, it eradicated the desire to do just that.

Due to this, I am subtracting a star and rating this book 3 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed the characters, but would have preferred to have an entire story. I also noticed no errors during my read and believe this to be professionally edited. That point helped improve my original consideration of only rating this a 2 star book.

I would recommend this book to an audience who appreciates a good serial novel, and not one who was anticipating a full story. There is also profanity throughout the book as well as some erotic thoughts, so I do not believe this would be suited to a younger audience. And while religion isn’t discussed per se, this a book about Angels and their Divine orders. That might give some readers pause when deciding to pick this book up or not.

Wings Discovered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Hi. Your review has me intrigued and it sounds like an enjoyable read, however, I am hesitant because you mention that it is more of a serial book than a full story. I am also no fan of religion, so this may not be my cup of tea. Thank you for a lovely review though.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Kanchan Bhil
Currently Reading: That Guy What Kill Topsy
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-bhil.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Kanchan Bhil »

The story of the book seems exciting. However, I would not like a book to end abruptly. I have read such books, and they never satisfy the reader. Thank you for this great review!
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

It's always disappointing when a good story ends abruptly. It's like the whole effort is cancelled leaving the reader with the question. Great review!
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

Well, the authors always look for ways to keep a reader reading. I hate cliffhangers, too. Nice review!
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

TheMazeRunner wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 00:20 Well, the authors always look for ways to keep a reader reading. I hate cliffhangers, too. Nice review!
I actually enjoy a really good cliff hanger, but this was more... I'm not really sure how to describe it... Somewhat in the middle of a scene, then bam! Hey, check out the next book in this series.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

The cover page was captivating and i found the storyline to be interesting too. I would love to read this book. Thanks for the great review

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”