Review of Jackson Colt

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Review of Jackson Colt

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jackson Colt" by Kim Gomes.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jackson Colt, an exceptional football player, meets Victoria while asking for directions. They're both smitten with each other, but Victoria is still living with her boyfriend, Roy. What will happen in this love triangle? And who is trying to put Victoria's life in danger? Jackson Colt by Kim Gomes is described as suspenseful erotica and follows the life of Victoria and Jackson, as well as their circle of family and friends, as they navigate the ups and downs of relationships.

The stellar feature of Jackson Colt is a perfect balance between erotica, romance, mystery, and hints of humor. Most erotic romances are a mind-numbing string of sex scenes, but not this one. We have to applaud, too, that this is one in a million romance novels that not only broaches the subject of feminism but considers slightly nontraditional gender roles. For example, Jackson cooks and cleans much more than any of the women in the novel. As the novel progresses, the motives of the characters become clearer and the reader discovers their arcs are well-thought-out, and their backstories and rationale are congruent. Not only that, but the female lead, Victoria, is a level-headed and smart woman. The author portrays steamy scenes, but also takes the time to create a bond between the characters, build intimacy, and fill the novel with several endearing moments. Finally, I want to praise that Kim Gomes achieves all this while keeping the story light and enjoyable.

I can only find two flaws in this novel. First, some dialogues are absolutely unrealistic. For example, if a man who I'm not even dating talked to me the way Jackson talks to Victoria, I would be anything but swept off my feet. I don't quote directly to avoid profanities. Second, the edition has over ten mistakes. They are minor but should be taken into consideration.

Because Kim Gomes brings erotica to a more intellectually stimulating level, I rate Jackson Colt 3 out of 4 stars. I subtracted a star due to editing mistakes and exaggerated dialogues.

Of course, this book is only appropriate for a mature audience. Romance and erotica readers should definitely read Jackson Colt. This book is also ideal for people looking for a light read or who enjoy endearing descriptions of friendships and family relationships. I would not recommend this novel to readers who prefer hardcore erotica or intricate mysteries. Survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault should know that there are mentions of this topic in the book, though they're not explicit.

Jackson Colt
View: on Bookshelves
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

I am not a fan of novels with marked eroticism but it is an entertaining plot. Excellent review.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

Romantic books with a hint of mystery and less explicit sections that are nevertheless compelling have always piqued my interest. Great review
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html

Readerjorge wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 09:45 I am not a fan of novels with marked eroticism but it is an entertaining plot. Excellent review.
I understand that. Thank you for taking the time to read the review and for your kind words.

Ntombifuthi Londi wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 12:36 Romantic books with a hint of mystery and less explicit sections that are nevertheless compelling have always piqued my interest. Great review
Then you should definitely give this book a try. Thanks for your comment!
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

Intellectual erotica sounds interesting. I think the plot itself might be a strong appeal for me. Great review!
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF

Mounce574 wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 06:12 Intellectual erotica sounds interesting. I think the plot itself might be a strong appeal for me. Great review!
Though the book has minor flaws, it's the smartest piece of erotica I've read.
Thank you for your comment!
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the topic of eroticism, romance and male-female relationships is approached in a somewhat fresh way.

markodim721 wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 14:06 I like that the topic of eroticism, romance and male-female relationships is approached in a somewhat fresh way.
It is. Also, unlike most romance books, this one also presents strong friendships, which I found lovely.
Thank you for your comment!
Lila Randhawa
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lila-randhawa.html
Latest Review: Conversing with Various Entities by Mary Ellen Wall

Post by Lila Randhawa »

I like to read about friendships and family relationships. The concept of intellectually stimulating erotica sounds interesting. Good job with the review! Thank you.

poojkapadia wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 09:34 I like to read about friendships and family relationships. The concept of intellectually stimulating erotica sounds interesting. Good job with the review! Thank you.
It is an interesting and original concept. I enjoy normal erotica but I often get bored with the simple plots and plain characters. This concept offers a solution for that.
Thank you for your kind comment.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

I love the drama behind love triangles. It always makes the storyline interesting. I would love to read this book. Thanks for the review.
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

Thanks for the great review. I love romances, though I don't particularly like love triangles as they can make the book predictable. I have to add that I like the female characters being well thought out and intelligent as I'm sure it makes the read more interesting. I won't be picking this one, but I enjoyed reading your review.
Cheryl Erickson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

I love to read a book with nontraditional gender roles and strong female protagonists. I am interested to see the outcome of the love triangle. Adding in mystery and humor makes this a good book choice for me. Thank you for the great book review.

Theana D wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 13:08 Thanks for the great review. I love romances, though I don't particularly like love triangles as they can make the book predictable. I have to add that I like the female characters being well thought out and intelligent as I'm sure it makes the read more interesting. I won't be picking this one, but I enjoyed reading your review.
I get what you mean but, surprisingly, this triangle was not predictable. But thank you anyway for your kind words!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”