Review of God Bless My Broken Road

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Review of God Bless My Broken Road

Post by Prisallen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God Bless My Broken Road" by Stacy L Thowe.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sarah thought she was in a good marriage with her husband, Jack, until he suddenly informed her he was unhappy and wanted a divorce. She soon discovered there was another woman involved. Devastated and angry, Sarah felt like her world and her four children’s lives had just been turned upside down. However, she was determined not to permit him to weaken her faith or take away her chance for happiness.

Ben was pressured into marrying his long-time girlfriend, Christine, by members of his family, who were afraid he would end up alone. Unable to bear the children that she wanted, Christine soon turned to alcohol, and it became an enormous problem. After something even worse happened, Ben divorced her, promising himself he would never allow himself to be hurt like that again.

Can these two broken people find a chance for love and happiness?

God Bless My Broken Road by Stacy Thowe is a 298-page romance novel. For the first part of the book, the chapters alternate with Sarah’s first-person and Ben’s third-person points of view. After the two meet, the chapters continue alternating between Sarah and Ben, but now both are written from the third-person point of view. The author’s descriptive prose is easy to follow and maintains a nice flow.

This is a character-driven story, and the author reveals an excellent ability to bring her characters to life with their flaws and strengths. She also possesses the capability of enticing the reader to feel a whole gamut of emotions, from happiness, despair, loneliness, and joy. We observe Sarah try to overcome her broken heart and rely on her faith to get her through. She struggles to understand what has happened. She has to be strong for her children since her ex-husband is rarely there for them. Ben’s character illustrates superb development as well. We watch him fight to keep his marriage afloat and then realize that it is time to call it quits. We can comprehend why he doesn’t want to become involved with anyone else.

As one can tell by the title, a belief in God and faith comprises an important part of this book. Christians would likely enjoy it the most, but it is not disparaging toward any other religion. Therefore, I don’t think anyone would take offense to the message, and the story could be enjoyed by most readers. In addition, the importance of family and friends is an underlying theme. Both Sarah and Ben have family and friends that they could rely on to help them through the good and bad times.

Regrettably, too many errors were encountered to achieve a perfect score. These were minor and didn’t affect my enjoyment, but there were more than ten. It could use another round of editing. Therefore, God Bless My Broken Road achieves a rating of three out of four stars. Due to the aforementioned reasons, I think it deserves better than two stars. I enthusiastically recommend it to readers who enjoy romance novels. Additionally, people who have recently gone through a divorce might find hope and comfort in the story. Readers who prefer suspense or fast-paced action in their books might want to look elsewhere.

God Bless My Broken Road
View: on Bookshelves
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems like a relaxing romantic read with interesting characters.
Thank you for your recommendation!
Loved reading your review, as always :).
Maliha Naveed
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Tales from the Grey Area
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maliha-naveed.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Maliha Naveed »

Though sounds banal, won't be a bad idea to while away the time.
Omark
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Omark »

This is the best review.i like romantic review like this.i like the starting part of the author because she explains the meaning of love and importance of relationship.but sadly she end up heartbroken and that is the lessons I learned.when the love turned into the brokenheart it gives a lot of painful thank you for the best review
Nshindano I

Post by Nshindano I »

This is the best review.i like romantic review like this.i like the starting part of the author because she explains the meaning of love and importance of relationship.but sadly she end up heartbroken and that is the lessons I learned.when the love turned into the brokenheart it gives a lot of painful thank you for the best review
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 01:58 It seems like a relaxing romantic read with interesting characters.
Thank you for your recommendation!
Loved reading your review, as always :).
I hope you get a chance to read it if you enjoy romance. Thanks for stopping by and for the nice comments!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Maliha Naveed wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 02:58 Though sounds banal, won't be a bad idea to while away the time.
If you like romance novels, I think you will enjoy it. Thanks for reading my review and sharing your thoughts!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Omark wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 05:21 This is the best review.i like romantic review like this.i like the starting part of the author because she explains the meaning of love and importance of relationship.but sadly she end up heartbroken and that is the lessons I learned.when the love turned into the brokenheart it gives a lot of painful thank you for the best review
Thanks so much for the kind words and for taking the time to read my review!
Kanchan Bhil
Currently Reading: That Guy What Kill Topsy
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-bhil.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Kanchan Bhil »

Finding love again after a divorce is definitely one of the most difficult things to do. But everyone surely gets their chance at happiness. Your review seems to convey the same. This book would be very satisfying to read!
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Wow! I could feel Sarah's pain because she didn't envisage that. I'm consoled that she worked hard to overcome the shock. Thanks for a great review.
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

I'm glad to read that the shifting perspectives in how the story was told do not cause the book to suffer. It is beautiful to read that both Ben and Sarah had a robust support system. Thank you for a lovely review!
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

Being an avid fan of romance novels, this one is really appealing to me. The review has been written in an excellent manner.
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

It's great that the author skillfully developed the characters. That's important to get readers caring about anyone's love life, I think, especially when telling two different storylines.
Alpha Tambala

Post by Alpha Tambala »

Great!! the author knows and brings the taste of romance to the reader
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Kanchan Bhil wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 08:16 Finding love again after a divorce is definitely one of the most difficult things to do. But everyone surely gets their chance at happiness. Your review seems to convey the same. This book would be very satisfying to read!
It probably would be difficult to trust anyone after being hurt, but you are right - we all deserve a chance at happiness. Thanks for the comments!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”