Review of Serena's Song

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Njokime
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njokime.html
Latest Review: Homo Technica by Stephan Collina

Review of Serena's Song

Post by Njokime »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Serena's Song" by Livia Verrell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered what your purpose in life is? Most people live an empty life, and along the road, they wonder what happened to them. Serena’s Song is a story about a talented lady full of emptiness that haunts her thoughts. She has the longing to feel something or anything. Serena could sing like an Angel. She is brought up as an atheist and advised to believe in herself. As time goes by, she realizes that things are not as black and white as she assumed. At twenty-two years old, nothing made sense anymore. Everything was changing, and her sister Amber was not as naive as she thought. Her parents focused on their careers, and they never had time for them. Serena works at Daniel’s garden, where this family believes in God. Everyone around her has different beliefs, and she does not know what or who to believe in anymore. All she knows is that she is attracted to Jake but this attraction cant amount to anything because she is an Atheist and Jake, believes in God.

Serena's Song has scriptures in it that relate to most situations, and that is what I liked most about it. This book shows us that not all families are perfect, even the ones that believe in God. Every person fights their demons. Serena’s Song reminded me what it feels like to have God by my side. I have also realized that when people get educated and attain so much knowledge, they forget God, and they begin to lean on their understanding. That is why you will find that most atheists are very educated people, full of talent. I understand Serena’s struggle and emptiness. Most people go through this, and they try to fill this emptiness with worldly endeavors. Livia Verrell has managed successfully to make a simple story fascinating and full of life lessons.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. The storyline is captivating, and I enjoyed reading this book.

I recommend this book to adults and young adults, especially the individuals struggling with faith and finding their true selves. It is a nonfiction story that has a bit of romance and motivational words and scriptures. The book has a few errors, but they did not interfere with my enjoyment of it.

Although this book has a few errors, I think it deserves a very high rating. This book covers topics that people are afraid to talk about and in a way that a reader can follow and understand. Therefore, I award this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

Serena's Song
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

The plot appears to be quite genuine and realistic. I would definitely love to read this book, i might really relate to it. Thank you for well-written review.
Khushboo Barwar
Favorite Book: Inertia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushboo-barwar.html
Latest Review: The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: B07XVJZPKZ

Post by Khushboo Barwar »

As an atheist myself, I would really like to know how things unfold when Serena meets Jake. Definitely looking forward to it.
Thato Mogane
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Thato Mogane »

I might really relate to it, the plot appears to be quite genuine and realistic. Thank you for a legibly well-written review.
Oliver Namugerwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-namugerwa.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Oliver Namugerwa »

I am a Christian believer and cannot imagine my life without God but it is always interesting to know about other beliefs. This book might be an interesting read to me. Thank you for your review.
Anelka ky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anelka-ky.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Anelka ky »

Most people relate to the struggle of finding and fulfilling a purpose in life. It's always interesting to read about other people's journeys and how they seek to fulfill their purpose with or without religion in their lives. The book sounds interesting.
Olona Olonah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Olona Olonah »

This is the sad story but interesting because sometimes we learn to someone journey this book is interesting many of us I think we can get something on this book. Serena thank you
Drew Davis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drew-davis.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Drew Davis »

The book seems very relevant and relatable to most people. Finding purpose and fighting demons is a struggle for most people. Books like this one express the difficulty of finding and living out self-purpose and dealing with life is important. Also, the review is detailed and informative.
Elijah Mwangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah-mwangi.html
Latest Review: My Living Will by John Trautwein
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Elijah Mwangi »

everyone fights its own demon. what an interesting line to read. I can say it's good to know our purpose and I can say that this book is definitely the best to know about our purpose.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

This review was really interesting. Like really interesting. I would love to read this book as soon as possible.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”