Could you ever not find the next book in a series?

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shanne18
Bookshelf Size: 0

Could you ever not find the next book in a series?

Post by shanne18 »

I just recently found an author who combines all my favorite genres, but I can't seem to find the next 4 books in her series. Every time I look it's either out of stock, or to expensive. I find it funny that the boring romantic book series always have copies available, but the stories you like our more than likely out of reach. :cry:
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I've also have had that happen to me and it's incredibly annoying! I usually end up turning to my local library when that happens and sometimes even have to do an interlibrary loan. Still, it's frustrating having to wait to read them!
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I once purchased the first 2 books of a series by an author I really really enjoyed. Never could find the third to the set. Even tried asking the bookstore to order it but it just wasn't on the list. Guess the author never got around to writing it. Makes me wonder what happened to her. Very annoying. I never did read the series because I knew I would be left hanging and can't stand that. Darn!!
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
littlelibrarian
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlelibrarian.html

Post by littlelibrarian »

I have actually started reading a series only to find out that the Author switched publishers and never wrote the final book. Its gets very frustrating. I also tend to read quite a few books every week. So, every time I find a new series, I end up reading them all only to find out that the next one does not come out for a year or so.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

No, I didn't. In fact, I never start a series unless I have got all of it. I sometimes start unfinished series, but I prefer to wait for the end of it before starting it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
LittleXwillow

Post by LittleXwillow »

YES! Or you have found a book series and you can't find the first book!!!!
Embracing_Madness
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-embracing-madness.html

Post by Embracing_Madness »

Oh man that happens ALL THE TIME. I sometimes go months between books in a series because I just can't find them, or I start reading them out of order.
NicholsC97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholsc97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by NicholsC97 »

My go to website is thrift books. Super cheap and good selection!
TasiWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tasiwin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by TasiWin »

shanne18 wrote: 28 Apr 2014, 03:31 I just recently found an author who combines all my favorite genres, but I can't seem to find the next 4 books in her series. Every time I look it's either out of stock, or to expensive. I find it funny that the boring romantic book series always have copies available, but the stories you like our more than likely out of reach. :cry:
I have read a series recently wfrom madeleins sheehan. The one about an mc. Turns out her last release on the series was years ago and all her dans keep complaining but nothing
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

shanne18 wrote: 28 Apr 2014, 03:31 I just recently found an author who combines all my favorite genres, but I can't seem to find the next 4 books in her series. Every time I look it's either out of stock, or to expensive. I find it funny that the boring romantic book series always have copies available, but the stories you like our more than likely out of reach. :cry:
I have read a series recently from madeleins sheehan. The one about an mc. Turns out her last release on the series was years ago and all her fans keep complaining but nothing
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

Acwoolet wrote: 06 Jun 2014, 22:14 I've also have had that happen to me and it's incredibly annoying! I usually end up turning to my local library when that happens and sometimes even have to do an interlibrary loan. Still, it's frustrating having to wait to read them!
it is incredibly annoying when a series is incomplete and the author takes years to ever follow up
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

NicholsC97 wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 00:35 My go to website is thrift books. Super cheap and good selection!
Thanks for this. l hope it turns out perfect
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

Embracing_Madness wrote: 27 Aug 2014, 00:52 Oh man that happens ALL THE TIME. I sometimes go months between books in a series because I just can't find them, or I start reading them out of order.
I feel your pain. it has happened to ke so many times. When it's available I am broke or something
Ashna Tibrewal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Ashna Tibrewal »

I once loved this book- The Beast Player by Naomi. And wished for a second part, only to discover years later it did have one.
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

littlelibrarian wrote: 10 Aug 2014, 22:13 I have actually started reading a series only to find out that the Author switched publishers and never wrote the final book. Its gets very frustrating. I also tend to read quite a few books every week. So, every time I find a new series, I end up reading them all only to find out that the next one does not come out for a year or so.
I had that happen to me with the Dead End Dating series. I was finally able to find the last book online. Unfortunately, it's only available to read, not purchase.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”