Official Review: Future Plans by Stacy Lee

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Official Review: Future Plans by Stacy Lee

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Future Plans" by Stacy Lee.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Future Plans by Stacy Lee tells the story of Hazel Lavigne, a dynamic lady in her early thirties and owner of a successful and big event planning company. She has a daughter called Eleanor, whose circumstances of conception leaves much to be desired.

Hazel had one day decided to surprise her daughter by taking a day off out of her busy schedule to come and pick her up from school. Hitherto, this had been the work of her live-in nanny called Gabrielle Davis. Instead of surprising her daughter, she ended up being astonished, as her daughter was kidnapped in a white SUV right in front of her by a man claiming to be Eleanor's dad. Her daughter was rescued. In this case, one will imagine that the story had reached its peak, hoping that Eleanor's rescue will bring an end to the story. The story only began; the rescue gave rise to a wholly absorbing and unexpected turn of events. No one could guess that the rollercoaster ride Hazel had found herself in had only just begun.

The author's use of the characters to buttress a point is very brilliant. Worth mentioning is Hazel's best friend, Franny. She is everything anyone can pray for in a friend. She was always supporting Hazel and was her biggest cheerleader right from their days in college. She went all the way to ensure her friend's safety from danger. Whoever said we couldn't have it all in one friend?

Undoubtedly, the author has a unique style of writing. She has her story development under control, no matter the twist that she adds at any point. I like how she combines both elements from the past and present in telling her story. Another commendable feature of the book is the use of the title of each chapter to guide the readers. The first-person narration makes the story very relatable, and readers can understand the characters' points of view as they tell their story.

It wouldn't be news to hear that an author used the element of suspense in their plot. However, in this case, the author created a suspenseful character. Emiline Davis, Gabrielle's grandmother, was a character that seemed slow to get going at first. The author kept me in suspense about her involvement in the whole story until the latter part of the novel.

Apart from one minor error, there was nothing I could find as a fault in this book. Therefore, I'd rate it four out of four stars. I'd recommend this book to romance lovers. The love story painted in this book was real and would interest anyone who enjoys such stories.

Future Plans
View: on Bookshelves
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

Wow. I love suspense and unexpected twists. This looks like a great book indeed. Thank you for this amazing review.
laseniola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laseniola.html
Latest Review: The Smartest Person in the Room by Christian Espinosa

Post by laseniola »

This review got me thinking about my future. I would definitely need a dependable friend like Fanny in it.
the_ashfeathers
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-ashfeathers.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by the_ashfeathers »

The review looks amazing, so does the protagonist's friend Fanny ;) Also, I love books that give a sense that the author knows what they're doing.
"Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck." ~ Will Herondale (Cassandra Clare)
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

I love suspense stories and this one sounds intriguing! Does it have any profanity or erotic scenes? Thank you for a great review!
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Macfeigh Atunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Macfeigh Atunga »

from the reviews am seeing from everyone, I'll have to read the book it can be amazingly good
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

This sounds like a rather intriguing story. I wonder who the kidnapper really was and how Eleanor was saved. I know I will have to read the book to find out!

Thank you for a great review.
😄
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
tanvipatel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tanvipatel »

Review is amazing and friend like hazel what you need in life !!!! 🌻
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Can't wait to find out what Hanzel will experience after her child is released.A friend like Franny is a friend worth keeping. I really need such a friend in my life. Thanks for the splendid review.
Manaliiiii___
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Manaliiiii___ »

Review is mind blowing..... Everyone needs one friend like hazel in their life. Loved it.
Cleopatra banda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Cleopatra banda »

It's a very beautiful story l love it as her mother surprised to take her daughter out , without knowing that her daughter will be kidnapped that very day.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

Normally, when the victim of kidnap has been found the book comes to an end. I love the fact thst this was just the beginning for this one. I would definitely want to read this book. Thanks for the review.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. Franny sounds like a friend any one of us would wish for.
Arunima Halder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arunima-halder.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by Arunima Halder »

Hazel's life sounds so interesting and enigmatic. This book has all the elements to qualify it as a masterpiece. I'll definitely give it a go.
Thanks for this beautiful review.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I enjoy reading romantic suspense books so I will check this book out. I love vibrant and mysterious grandmother-side characters. Great job with the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”