Official Review: Seaside Glitter by Wayne Turner

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Official Review: Seaside Glitter by Wayne Turner

Post by Brenda Creech »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Seaside Glitter" by Wayne Turner.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Seaside Glitter by Wayne Turner is a fictional novel filled with suspense, mystery, and romance. John, Lyndsey, and Richard Ramsey had known each other since their sandbox days. Everyone thought Lyndsey and Richard would marry one day, but as fate would have it, John and Lyndsey married. After witnessing the tragic accident that claimed the lives of John and Richard Ramsey's parents and grandparents, John, Lyndsey, and Richard find themselves in their grandfather's attic sorting through memories. Lyndsey discovers an ancient diary written in 1796 by a young girl named Grace Ramsey. The entries, filled with stories of ghosts, lost treasure, demons, and family connections, provoke vivid nightmares for Lyndsey.

At the reading of their parents' and grandparents' wills, they were stunned to find two strangers present who claimed to be distant relatives. John exploded and left the meeting. The attorney explained to Lyndsay and Richard why Gilbert and Hope Ramsey were there. Richard and Lyndsey embraced having new relatives; John, however, was beyond reasoning. After a physically abusive encounter between Lyndsey and John, and his admission to having an affair, Lyndsey turned to Richard. The two spent time with their new relatives and agreed to visit them in East River, Nova Scotia; John refused to go. When Lyndsey and Richard arrived in Nova Scotia, ominous events related to the diary and Lyndsey's nightmares began to occur—then Lyndsey met Grace Ramsey's ghost. Secrets emerged that changed the lives of everyone. Would the two sides of the Ramsey family be brought closer together? Or would they be torn apart forever?

There are multiple characters in the story, and each one has a unique personality and plays an integral part in the plot. The author's writing style is simplistic and easy to follow. The book is not fast-paced, but I was always eager to get back to it after taking a break. I was on the edge of my seat when the characters had a terrifying face-to-face encounter with a demon while searching for buried treasure. Turner touched on issues like domestic violence, forgiveness, family ties, and relationships. There is some profanity in the book, but not extensive. There is also sexual content described in detail but tastefully done. The ending was predictable and very befitting.

I liked how Turner threw some humor into the mix with a rum drinking cat named Bailey. The men could never get together for drinks without Bailey showing up, anticipating a saucer of rum or the current drink of choice at the time. There wasn't anything about this book I disliked. I was, however, disappointed to find more than ten errors. They were mainly simple punctuation errors that did not interfere with my reading and enjoyment of the book.

Since there were more than ten errors, I must take away a star from my rating. The suspense, mystery, and romance in this book would have earned it four stars. However, I am rating Seaside Glitter by Wayne Turner 3 out of 4 stars. With a bit more editing, the rating would be a definite four out of four.

I would recommend this book to adults who enjoy mystery and suspense sprinkled with romance. I would not recommend this book to anyone under eighteen or those sensitive to such content.

Seaside Glitter
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

This seems like an intriguing story, and your description of the events has piqued my interest. I would love to read and find out how it all plays out. Thanks for your detailed review!
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

I wonder why John was furious about the distant relatives. Everyone would love to have one. Thanks for your well detailed review.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Drianie wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 04:23 This seems like an intriguing story, and your description of the events has piqued my interest. I would love to read and find out how it all plays out. Thanks for your detailed review!
Thank you! It is a pretty intriguing story. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Eutoc wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 06:46 I wonder why John was furious about the distant relatives. Everyone would love to have one. Thanks for your well detailed review.
Thank you! John had ulterior motives, I'm sure! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Where's Baby, Momma? by Antoinette McDonald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

A run-drinking cat as comic relief is always welcome. This sounds like a good vacation-time book.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Interesting book and great review! Thank you for your effort and your recommendation :)
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

diana lowery wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 23:12 A run-drinking cat as comic relief is always welcome. This sounds like a good vacation-time book.
Yes, it would make a good vacation time book! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 08:07 Interesting book and great review! Thank you for your effort and your recommendation :)
Thank you! And thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Where's Baby, Momma? by Antoinette McDonald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

B Creech wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 12:08
diana lowery wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 23:12 A run-drinking cat as comic relief is always welcome. This sounds like a good vacation-time book.
Yes, it would make a good vacation time book! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
I just realized that I put run-drinking instead of rum-drinking. Can you get arrested for run-drinking just like you can for drinking and driving? Maybe not if you are a cat. Sorry!
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

diana lowery wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 14:07
B Creech wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 12:08
I just realized that I put run-drinking instead of rum-drinking. Can you get arrested for run-drinking just like you can for drinking and driving? Maybe not if you are a cat. Sorry!
LOL, I will check on that getting arrested on run-drinking and let you know! HaHaHa! Thanks for sharing that!
B. Creech
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Hmmm... a rum drinking cat? Love the way this author provided comedic relief via a cat.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

MrsCatInTheHat wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 17:42 Hmmm... a rum drinking cat? Love the way this author provided comedic relief via a cat.
Yes, Bailey, the cat was a very important character in his own right! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

It looks to me like a fictional novel filled with suspense, mystery, and romance. The book seems to have a terrifying face-to-face encounter with a demon while searching for buried treasure. All this stuff makes this book appealing to grab. Thanks for your quite insightful review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Grimmus3r
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Grimmus3r »

howdy, havent been on in ages but i will have to jot this book down as a good read. at the time my kindle is full and my toddler has my hands even more full these days! what got me is that i could easily put myself into the story as the characters. my ex being john and then finding a lasting relationship through an unforgettable adventure that also includes folklore tales of treasure and demons. sounds like a one up from indiana jones here. don't stop writing!
Last edited by gali on 27 Nov 2020, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed rude language

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”