Official Review: One Wife Too Many by Katherine jones

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moowshiri.html
Latest Review: The Kings Death by Ed Cannon

Official Review: One Wife Too Many by Katherine jones

Post by moowshiri »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "One Wife Too Many" by Katherine jones.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many have gone mad, lost their jobs, lost property, or even much still ended up dead all in the name of love. A good majority of those who've been in a romantic relationship, especially marriage, can attest that things are never easy. In One Wife Too Many by Katherine Jones, Shayla's marriage to Harlan hits rock bottom soon after discovering Harlan's cheating ways. Will Harlan succeed in saving their marriage? Grab a copy and catch more on the drama that unfolds in this book.

To begin with, I loved Jones' extensive use of humor in writing the book. I hardly finished reading a page or two without having a smile on my face or laughing heartily. For instance, the story about mad Troy escaping from the hospital and then driving a bunch of passengers to Vegas in the name of a Hollywood stunt is hilarious. As a result, my reading experience was quite enjoyable and one worth remembering. The funny stories also went a long way in ruling out monotony in the book.

I also loved the fact that the book only contains a few erotic scenes. I appreciated this since it is a bit different from the norm, especially in romance reads. In developing the plot, Jones banks more on every character's feelings rather than basing it on sex scenes. I also found it accommodating since I could now read the book peacefully without the distractions that come with erotic storylines. It is a sign of great authorcraft, and I must commend Jones on this.

From the book, one also gets to learn much about the institution of marriage and its numerous challenges. For example, I learned quite a lot about the dangers that accompany infidelity in marriage. I also learned that we should always scamper for safety at the first sign of an abusive relationship.

I liked the lack of errors in the book. It made the book a smooth read for me. However, there is significant use of profane words throughout the book. Therefore, I consider it an adult read, and it would be best if parents keep it away from young children to prevent damage to their good morals. It is a comfortable read for readers from all faiths as it doesn't contain discussions on any particular religion.

I had no dislikes about the book. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It is an exciting and entertaining read that will leave you better equipped with several necessary marital skills. I recommend it to lovers of romance.

One Wife Too Many
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dreamer80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamer80.html
Latest Review: How Trends Make You A Smarter Investor by Gabrielle Dahms

Post by Dreamer80 »

The fact the book was so well written and it did not even have a lot of errors! how brilliant is that? Absolutely loved reading your review. It was in such a flow! thank you .
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Great review. I love the fact that it was an exciting read that can make the reader to smile. I will add this to my shelf because everyone will encounter love, relationship and marriage.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I like romance books and I look forward to reading this one. With cheating no marriage can last. Nice review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I would definitely check this one out - a romance with a touch of humor and some down to Earth wisdom sounds so great! :) Thanks for this amazing review!
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

A well-written, good-humored book is always welcomed!
I enjoyed reading your review.
Live and let live, baby.
fancyjg
Favorite Book: Timewise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fancyjg.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by fancyjg »

Wow your review is great. It is well detailed and gives me the urge to read the book i love romance novel, the part that it does not contain disturbing erotic scenes is a thumbs up to the author.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

This book sounds like a romance I would enjoy reading. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Luluwa79
Favorite Book: Peter and the Parachute
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Post by Luluwa79 »

I'm really looking forward to reading this book since the author talked about marriages.
Thanks for the review.
Always seek God in all your dealings and He will help you find the right path.
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

I would love to read the book to know how Harlan saved his marriage. Secondly, I like this book for its humor quotient as you mentioned. You did a good job writing this review!!
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”