Young Adult Romance Novels

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cheesyPotatoes3
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheesypotatoes3.html

Re: Young Adult Romance Novels

Post by cheesyPotatoes3 »

try the Coincidence of Callie and Kayden.. it is really good and so is the sequel.
LiteBrowneSugar

Post by LiteBrowneSugar »

Vampire Academy by Rachael Mead was a great series, so was the Trylle trilogy by Amanda Hocking, House of Night series by P.C. Cast, and the Sweep series by Cate Tiernan. That is assuming you are leaning more to the "wanting a type of epic love story" type genre.
yalonde
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yalonde.html
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower

Post by yalonde »

Bbeautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire.
Wait for you by j. Lynn

-- 07 Mar 2014, 12:41 --

Bully by Penelope Douglas
Crush by Lacey Weatherford and Smitten by the same author
Yukiora 24
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yukiora-24.html
Latest Review: "Redtail" by Jerry a wilkinson

Post by Yukiora 24 »

The voice of the blood books I'm not sure if its for young adults but it tickles my fancy!~
Latest Review: "Redtail" by Jerry a wilkinson
taraelizi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taraelizi.html

Post by taraelizi »

Colleen Hoover and Kristen Ashley have written some of my favorite romance novels. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire is by far my favorite young adult romance book though. Fifty shades what? Not good enough. Read Jamie McGuire's book. It was so good!
ace-assassin

Post by ace-assassin »

If your looking for erotic romance novels that are good at around age 18 then read Keri Arther's riley jensen guardian series. Good storyline and some steamy sex!
dlphnch
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dlphnch.html

Post by dlphnch »

if it is geared towards college age women - try "The Fly House" by Misty Provincher.....it was an awesome book and very interesting read.
Earlsgirl3

Post by Earlsgirl3 »

Colleen Hoovers books are all amazing. Sea of Tranqulity is also an amazing, thought provoking read.
denise12

Post by denise12 »

Hopeless is probably my favorite book.
Roriann-book-worm
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roriann-book-worm.html
Latest Review: "Tulpa" by Rebecca McNutt

Post by Roriann-book-worm »

I honestly like the book Half Way Home. It is a great read and full of confused love and adventure.
Latest Review: "Tulpa" by Rebecca McNutt
yalonde
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yalonde.html

Post by yalonde »

I just finished reading, Be With You, by J. Lynn. J. Lynn is the same person as Jennifer Armentrout. If you have read the Lux series (awesome series), then you know who Jennifer Armentrout is. Be With You is the second book of this series, I can't remember the name of the first book. It is great. It is considered a New Adult book, but to me it is still YA. There is romance, but also two serious themes of the book. It discusses abuse within relationships and I believe this is a good topic for young girls to know about. This book helps young girls to recognize the signs and to not be afraid to TELL someone. Very good book, but the book is mostly romance. Read it, if you have not already.
Danielle1990
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades Freed
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle1990.html

Post by Danielle1990 »

I recommend books by sarah dessen or jody picoult. One of my fav tound adult novels is dreamland by sarah dessen.
msmail12
Favorite Author: Allyson James
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmail12.html
Latest Review: "The Road to Round Mountain" by C.G. Roberts
fav_author_id: 8178

Post by msmail12 »

Nicole Williams has a Crash series which starts when the couple are seniors in high school and wow, talk about teen drama. The first person actually manages to work with the drama, plus I just think it is fun although they both do and say things they shouldn't before realizing their mistakes and growing as people to be a stronger couple. It is probably a little more gritty I guess is the right word than you might actually want for a teen, but I think sugar coated stories don't work for teens because they find them really fake, even more than we weird adults do, go figure. If you want something a little lighter, The Deal by Elle Kennedy is pretty good although the underage drinking, a typical and realistic young adult trope might make you a little uncomfortable. Jeanette Battista has a young adult shifter series that is really good, Monica Murphy has a one week girlfriend series that is really powerful. However, I think with most of these you are going to find troubled youths who have been through some really messed up things. The one good thing? There is a huge emphasis on getting therapy and realizing that love isn't a magic cure all. Some of these characters are even in therapy while working through their issues with the person they are with. I love all the books that I mentioned and am thrilled about the therapy element, which still carries a stigma for older and more conservative generations.
Latest Review: "The Road to Round Mountain" by C.G. Roberts
JenntheObscure
Currently Reading: Back To You
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenntheobscure.html

Post by JenntheObscure »

I loved "Ten Tiny Breaths," although I thought the ending was wrapped up just a little too neatly and quickly. The Jennifer Armentrout series that start with "Wait For You" seems to fit perfectly into what you're looking for. Young college girls finding love in each book. They're a little bit different in that they show the POV from the boy in some of the books. They can be a bit graphic though, not sure how detailed you want your descriptions of LOVE :).
courtneyr
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtneyr.html

Post by courtneyr »

All of Samantha Young's books I've read are really great and are at this age range.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”