Hello fellow book lovers!

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BooksBooty
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Hello fellow book lovers!

Post by BooksBooty »

Books are my passion! Ever since my hands got hold of Cirque Du Freak in ten grade I am hooked on reading. Especially paranormal romance books! My favorite paranormal creature is the vamps of course! But ever since I read Fighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins I now think the Fae might actually replace my vampire book boyfriends. Has anyone else read this book! Well worth the read!

My all time favorite read is between the Black Dagger Brother Hood series and The Fever series. THEY ARE TO DIE FOR!!! :D I also am swoon worthy over Christian Grey in Fifty Shades. That also is my favorite book to read. Too many good books i read, so hard to choose which one it the greatest of all time!!!
Totoro
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-totoro.html
Latest Review: "The Crystal Heart Volume 1" by Anthony Swinsinski

Post by Totoro »

BooksBooty wrote:Books are my passion! Ever since my hands got hold of Cirque Du Freak in ten grade I am hooked on reading. Especially paranormal romance books! My favorite paranormal creature is the vamps of course! But ever since I read Fighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins I now think the Fae might actually replace my vampire book boyfriends. Has anyone else read this book! Well worth the read!

My all time favorite read is between the Black Dagger Brother Hood series and The Fever series. THEY ARE TO DIE FOR!!! :D I also am swoon worthy over Christian Grey in Fifty Shades. That also is my favorite book to read. Too many good books i read, so hard to choose which one it the greatest of all time!!!
I also love the BDB and The Fever series. Maybe I will have to check out Cirque Du Freak now.
Latest Review: "The Crystal Heart Volume 1" by Anthony Swinsinski
frances8881
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frances8881.html

Post by frances8881 »

I have read the Fever Series and I loved them too. I have recently read the Mark of the Witch by Maggie Shayne, and it kept me engaged. I wanted to know what was going to happen. Are there any other Fae based books out there that you know of?
BooksBooty

Post by BooksBooty »

Yes. There is one called ICED. I believe it is in Dani's point of view and in a few months another one called BURNED which is about Mac and Jericho. I cannot wait!
FMChandler
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fmchandler.html
Latest Review: "Dream Walkin'" by Colleen McLain

Post by FMChandler »

I keep hearing about the Fever series I just might have to check it out. If you like the Black Dagger Brotherhood have any of you read the Fallen Angels series by J.R. Ward?
Latest Review: "Dream Walkin'" by Colleen McLain
Lydia
Favorite Author: Christopher Paolini
Favorite Book: Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: The Dark Highlander
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia.html
Latest Review: "Blood Hunger" by L.E. Wilson
fav_author_id: 5906

Post by Lydia »

BooksBooty wrote:Books are my passion! Ever since my hands got hold of Cirque Du Freak in ten grade I am hooked on reading. Especially paranormal romance books! My favorite paranormal creature is the vamps of course! But ever since I read Fighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins I now think the Fae might actually replace my vampire book boyfriends. Has anyone else read this book! Well worth the read!

Paranormal romance, huh? Have you tried the Kate Daniels series? The romance takes a while to kick in, I admit, but it's worth every second I've spent waiting for it.

When you say Fever, do you mean Moning's books on Mac's story?
Latest Review: "Blood Hunger" by L.E. Wilson
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I love paranormal romance, but haven't checked out any of these series. I think I will have to. I am always looking for more books to add to my collection! :D As for Fifty Shades, they were great books but I'm not fond of the amount of "action" in the books.
Leahhamblen
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leahhamblen.html

Post by Leahhamblen »

For anyone just starting out in Paranormal Romance, here are my favs: Christine Feehan ( anything but the Drake's are my least favorite series), Sherrilyn Kenyon ( as Kinley MacGregor, Dark Hunters, and League), Gena Showalter and Kresley Cole ( I think they must be great friends), Nalini Singh, Alyssa Day, Lara Adrian, JR Ward (Black Dagger), Jacqueline Frank (nightwalkers), Karen Marie Moning (Highlanders), and Lara Adrian. There are many more good authors out there, but these were the ones I couldn't put down.
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

FMChandler wrote:I keep hearing about the Fever series I just might have to check it out. If you like the Black Dagger Brotherhood have any of you read the Fallen Angels series by J.R. Ward?
I have the Fallen Angels series and I love it. Maybe not as much as the BDB but I do like how some of the characters crossed into the new series. I think I will have to check out the Fever series next.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
hanna[amena]

Post by hanna[amena] »

Leahhamblen wrote:For anyone just starting out in Paranormal Romance, here are my favs: Christine Feehan ( anything but the Drake's are my least favorite series), Sherrilyn Kenyon ( as Kinley MacGregor, Dark Hunters, and League), Gena Showalter and Kresley Cole ( I think they must be great friends), Nalini Singh, Alyssa Day, Lara Adrian, JR Ward (Black Dagger), Jacqueline Frank (nightwalkers), Karen Marie Moning (Highlanders), and Lara Adrian. There are many more good authors out there, but these were the ones I couldn't put down.
i love love love sherrylin kenyon, that women is amazing. I'm reading gena showlaetr at the moment (alien huntress series) sooooo good. just about every author you mentioned basically are like on the top of my list to read :D
SharisseEM
Favorite Author: Mia Sheridan
Favorite Book: Stinger
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharisseem.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
fav_author_id: 3312

Post by SharisseEM »

hanna[amena] wrote:
Leahhamblen wrote:For anyone just starting out in Paranormal Romance, here are my favs: Christine Feehan ( anything but the Drake's are my least favorite series), Sherrilyn Kenyon ( as Kinley MacGregor, Dark Hunters, and League), Gena Showalter and Kresley Cole ( I think they must be great friends), Nalini Singh, Alyssa Day, Lara Adrian, JR Ward (Black Dagger), Jacqueline Frank (nightwalkers), Karen Marie Moning (Highlanders), and Lara Adrian. There are many more good authors out there, but these were the ones I couldn't put down.
i love love love sherrylin kenyon, that women is amazing. I'm reading gena showlaetr at the moment (alien huntress series) sooooo good. just about every author you mentioned basically are like on the top of my list to read :D
Agreed! Sherri really produces great stuff! And Kresley Cole too! I look up to the both of them and Angela Knight. I just read Angela Knight's debut novel and I love it and Freika. I love Angela Knight's Mageverse series and the humour in them.
“I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.”
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

frances8881 wrote:I have read the Fever Series and I loved them too. I have recently read the Mark of the Witch by Maggie Shayne, and it kept me engaged. I wanted to know what was going to happen. Are there any other Fae based books out there that you know of?
Laurell K. Hamilton has an erotic romance series about the fae.
It's the Merry Gentry series.
A light romance urban fantasy would be the Shadow Reader trilogy by Sandy Williams.
I am highly addicted to books/series about the fae. Romance/fantasy/ya, doesn't matter.

And to all the paranormal romance readers out there...
Have you tried Nalini Singh?
Her angels series is good but her psy/changeling is amazing!
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
sember987
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sember987.html

Post by sember987 »

I love Paranormal series and have read a lot of the ones listed. Anther one that I enjoy is the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.
stacihunsinger
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacihunsinger.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by stacihunsinger »

I have read all of the BDB series by JR Ward and her Fallen Angel series as well. I am not one to reread books, but trust me when I say that these books are definitely re readable!!! I NEVER tire of these men!!
brandybauer

Post by brandybauer »

The first paranormal romance I picked up was kerrelyn sparks. Her "Love at Stake" series is at its end in 2 weeks. I tried her historical books but didn't care for them. I think she got me hooked on vampires and the occasional shifter. I've tried Lindsy Sands... sorry if I didn't spell that right. Anyway I didn't care much for her. I also tried some Faye style books and just can't get into them, to syfi for me I think? Anyway, marine I just can't accept change. But does anyone recommend some authors for me to check out? I'm just having the worst time right now and found myself asking my mother in law to borrow her twilight book to pass the time. Which I also enjoyed but nothing like kerrelyn sparks!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”