The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jepchumba_I
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward

Post by Jepchumba_I »

I live for those books
I would like to give a preview
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Wh1t wrote: 21 Feb 2018, 16:10 I have been a fan for years, and I experience separation anxiety when I finish another book and have to wait so long to read the next. The impatient anticipation waiting on "The Thief" to become available is driving me nuts!!

I also love the Fallen Angels series, although it took me a while to even read it and admit that because, and I know this sounds crazy, I felt as though I was betraying my Brothers by putting them down long enough to read a different series. Honestly, I have read every available book of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series at least five times, MAYBE MORE. The spin-off series, Black Dagger Legacy, is not AS awesome, but it is an engaging adventure through what's going on in the background of the Black Dagger Brotherhood world with the newest recruits for the training center, with the Brothers featuring as side plots.

Black Dagger Brotherhood series is my all time favorite series and Ward cannot ever disappoint me because I am that devoted to my Brothers!!
I too have been sustaining myself with the Black Dagger Legacy books. Did you read Blood Fury yet? I think it was the most like the BDB series than any of the other Legacy books so far. I've already got Dearest Ivie on request on Overdrive with two libraries. I didn't even know about The Thief. I must admit, I was hoping that the next book would be about one of the Band of Bastards finding a connection. Assail was mentioned quite a bit (not by name) in Blood Fury, so I guess she was foreshadowing quite a bit in that series.

The Bourbon Kings books are really different, but also pretty good.
Makena Mugendi
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makena-mugendi.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Makena Mugendi »

I love this series. I've read hundreds of books and this is definitely a memorable one. From the story of Wrath, to Zsadist, to Tohrment, to Vishous, to Quinn and Blay, they just get better. JR Ward finds a way to bring humanity to even the most inhuman of creatures. She finds good in rebels and outlaws. She is simply amazing. My favourite stories are those of Rhage and Zsadist. I simply love this series.
I don't know if she wrote a story on the Band of Bastards' laeder yet. I'm eagerly anticipating that. It sounds like it would be explosive.
I love that it doesn't only focus on the main characters, but builds the supporting characters as well, giving you a feel of where this entire world that she created is at that point.
CommMayo
Currently Reading:

Post by CommMayo »

Makena Mugendi wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 09:46 I don't know if she wrote a story on the Band of Bastards' laeder yet. I'm eagerly anticipating that. It sounds like it would be explosive.
I love that it doesn't only focus on the main characters, but builds the supporting characters as well, giving you a feel of where this entire world that she created is at that point.
The Chosen is all about Layla and Xcor. It was a really had book for me to read because of the impossible situation and the emotions it makes you feel.
Makena Mugendi
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makena-mugendi.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Makena Mugendi »

CommMayo wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 19:46
Makena Mugendi wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 09:46
The Chosen is all about Layla and Xcor. It was a really had book for me to read because of the impossible situation and the emotions it makes you feel.
Thanks. I'll definitely be looking for it. Have you read any Sherrilyn Kenyon? If you love this series I suggest Acheron by Ms. Kenyon. I cried so hard at points I had to put the book down. Its a great book though. You'll love it.
jessicam0119
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicam0119.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by jessicam0119 »

This my absolute favorite hunky vampire series!!!! I was hooked from the very first book. My favorite is John Matthews story and I am currently in the middle of The Shadows. Love, love, love, absolutely love!!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Leah Davidson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Leah Davidson »

I just want a book made for Layla and Xcor. I am definitely cheering them on.
CommMayo
Currently Reading:

Post by CommMayo »

Leah Davidson wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 22:05 I just want a book made for Layla and Xcor. I am definitely cheering them on.
That was the last book that came out, The Chosen. It will make you cry.
Books Galore
Currently Reading: Say You're Sorry
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Books Galore »

I found this series during my vampire book reading binge. :) I really enjoyed it and read like the first 5 or 6 in the series. Why I got distracted and never finished...I have no idea! Seeing this post has made me want to get back into it. But, I'm afraid it's been so long since I read them I would have to start back at the beginning. Guess I'll just have to add that to my to do list and finish this series up just to see how it ever ended.

So much reading to do and so little time!
CommMayo
Currently Reading:

Post by CommMayo »

Books Galore wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 10:41 I found this series during my vampire book reading binge. :) I really enjoyed it and read like the first 5 or 6 in the series. Why I got distracted and never finished...I have no idea! Seeing this post has made me want to get back into it. But, I'm afraid it's been so long since I read them I would have to start back at the beginning. Guess I'll just have to add that to my to do list and finish this series up just to see how it ever ended.

So much reading to do and so little time!
My library has the whole series available as ebooks and audiobooks for free via the Overdrive app. I listen to them during my commute or when I'm working around the house.
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I have read most of Ward's books, except for the Fallen Angel series. Whilst her ability at world-building is fantastic – she certainly is able to immerse the reader fully in her world of blade wielding warriors – the plot does get slightly repetitive over the series. That being said, I would still recommend the series to anyone who is looking for some hot and hard-hitting romance, and it is still an enjoyable couple of hours if one needs to pass the time!
Books Galore
Currently Reading: Say You're Sorry
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Books Galore »

CommMayo wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 12:55 My library has the whole series available as ebooks and audiobooks for free via the Overdrive app. I listen to them during my commute or when I'm working around the house.
Thanks! I'll have to check into that. I have a 30 minute commute to work each way. I've considered checking into audio books but didn't want to have to pay for ANOTHER subscription to something I only used occasionally. :D
Heartache2893
Favorite Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Currently Reading:
fav_author_id: 3139

Post by Heartache2893 »

I was working at a bookstore right around the time the first book was published and I was hooked right then and there. I remember all her books only being released in paperback due to her being a new author. I always recommended her books to my avid paranormal readers at the store. Sadly the store closed in 2011 and I have had a hard time catching up. But her books are my go to when I need my paranormal fix.
CommMayo
Currently Reading:

Post by CommMayo »

Books Galore wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 10:31
CommMayo wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 12:55 My library has the whole series available as ebooks and audiobooks for free via the Overdrive app. I listen to them during my commute or when I'm working around the house.
Thanks! I'll have to check into that. I have a 30 minute commute to work each way. I've considered checking into audio books but didn't want to have to pay for ANOTHER subscription to something I only used occasionally. :D
I can't believe how much people pay for audiobooks when most folks can get them for free. Your County library's webpage should let you know which digital subscription services they use. I'm in Maryland and have my old library memberships in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Between the Overdrive and RBdigital apps, I've got a steady stream of commuting audiobooks for the cost of a free library card. They also lend out free ebooks for kindle or other tablets.
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I've read all of her books in the BDB series, and I have to say that they are fantastically well written, with strong male and female characters - which is always welcome from the oft-used trope of the damsel in distress! Also, kudos to Ward for writing the romance between Blay and Qhuinn - it is not easy to launch LGBTQ content into the romance novel sphere. I thoroughly enjoyed the series, although the plot trajectory does get a bit repetitive towards the later novels.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”