The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
1Love2Read4Ever
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reading Device: B00S6KEDX6

Re: The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward

Post by 1Love2Read4Ever »

I love reading! (During a though part in my life books are what kept me going) I used to go to the library find an author and read all her/his books in the series. That is how I discovered "The Black Dagger Brotherhood" by J. R. Ward. The beginning of the series kept me spellbound as I became immersed in the world created by the author and the struggles of each of the characters as they fell in love while struggling with their demons. What banded them together was their willingness to right the wrongs they made and protect the innocent. As the series progressed I agree that the main book plot tended to be repeated almost as if the author found a formula and was unwilling to deviate from it while the series plot moved very slowly and maybe that is what kept me going- the little tidbits revealed were enough to want me to pick up the next book. The characters continued to be complex and well developed therefore I wanted to remain in the fantastic world of "The Black Dagger Brotherhood" to learn about the next protagonist and cheer along with other fans of J.R. Ward as they found their HEA. I believe that her genre is best defined as paranormal romance. If you have read Christine Feehan and Sherrillyn Kenyon you will find that they are in the same category with series that libraries labeled as paranormal romance.
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

I absolutely love the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward and I will buy the new releases as soon as they come out! The series is so creative and unique and the way J.R. Ward writes the characters makes you fall in love with them!
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Jonté Joy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jont-joy.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Jonté Joy »

I read the first few books from this series but I went through a phase, when I was a younger reader, that I didn't want like when the author would branch out into further background characters' back stories. After I got over this, I just never went back and reread all the book series I missed out on.
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

I absolutely love this series. I haven't had the chance to catch up on the last couple of books, but I'm looking forward to.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Billboards Across America by D.J. Parsons

Post by Kendal Low »

I can't say that I've ever heard of this series but I will say that I am very excited to give it a try! My weakness is definitely spicy romance books!
Rosemarie_Hathaway
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rosemarie_Hathaway »

Rereading this series in 2023 has me thinking that it deserves more credit than it gets. JR Ward successfully manages to introduce a character and make them completely relevant. She gives each character the chance to shine. The characters are well based on real life despite the fact that it is a paranormal series. Each brother, villain or hero... is beautified in an perfect way. The language is still as relevant this year as it was in the year the first book was published. This generation needs more writers like JR Ward!!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”