Official Review: Sweet Greetings from Carthage

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jocelyn Eastman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jocelyn-eastman.html
Latest Review: Phoenix by Patricia Simpson

Official Review: Sweet Greetings from Carthage

Post by Jocelyn Eastman »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sweet Greetings from Carthage" by Michael J. Molloy.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sweet Greetings from Carthage is a fictional romance by Michael J. Molloy. The book takes place in Carthage and Long Island, New York. Cassie DeMaio and Kevin Berrigan knew each other in high school and have met again after almost 40 years separated. After being berated by another mourner for his previous marriage, Kevin decides to mourn by himself, feeling distraught and inadequate. Cassie sees the effect of the interaction on Kevin and decides to console him. As the funeral goes on, Kevin realizes there is a spark between Cassie and himself and wishes to continue contact with her. He chases Cassie down and she gives him her email address. They begin corresponding online. Will this relationship grow to more than just friends? Will the spark Kevin felt mean something? What obstacles will get in their way?

This book was extremely well-edited and was easy to read and understand. There are no scenes of violence in this book. There are several sexually explicit scenes in the book and they are quite erotic. This is definitely a book that is for adults and not children or teens.

The thing I liked most about this book was the overall plot. I thought it was really interesting. I also thought the online relationship was modern and relevant. Many people now are meeting online and are having long-distance relationships so it was interesting to see an author tackle it. I also liked the adversity that the author gave the couple. I thought it was something that a couple could encounter in real life. I don’t want to go into it into detail here because I think it would spoil the book and the ending, but health problems are an obstacle that couples have to hurdle over. I liked that it was included.

The thing I disliked most about this book was that I felt there needed to be more emphasis on the illness in the book. So much time was spent developing the relationship (a little too much, in my opinion), and then when the couple encounters a life-changing obstacle, they just fly through it very quickly. I thought the experience was a little cheapened by the way it was handled. I think there is a lot more story to tell from that part of the book and the author avoided it. I think it’s a shame.

Overall, this is a decent book. I would recommend this to romance readers. The building of the relationship was a little long, but it was still enjoyable. I think most people reading it will like it. I am rating it 3 out of 4 stars.

Sweet Greetings from Carthage
View: on Bookshelves
bookloverqq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by bookloverqq »

Great review! Romance after met many years after.with their situation and also health.good book to read.
Manwela1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Manwela1992 »

I love this book because it shows that love never had limits by the limits or time.
It's a great romantic story.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”