Official Review: Fix by Lily Temperley

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Official Review: Fix by Lily Temperley

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fix" by Lily Temperley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wealthy banker, Patrick Harrington, has earned himself quite the reputation as a womanizer. He sees women as nothing more than a conquest to quench his sexual thirst. He uses his power and charm to lure them in. When he sets his sights on Alexandra Fisher, her demure yet seductive appearance arouses his senses. She quickly becomes the object of his infatuation, and he waits patiently for the perfect moment to pounce, but Alexandra is no easy feat.

When Mr. Patrick Harrington is promoted, he moves his office up to the forty-second floor, which is in close proximity to Alexandra's office. Despite her attempts to ward off his advances, she cannot ignore the magnetic effect he has on her. While she is fully aware of his playboy reputation, she is hypnotized by his good looks and confidence; she finds herself making reckless decisions. Feeling desired and being tenaciously pursued is thrilling and exciting—it's an addiction. But when things seem too good to be true, they usually are. Alexandra cannot shake the inkling that she is becoming a puppet in Patrick's deranged game.

Fix by Lily Temperley unequivocally lives up to its title as being highly addictive. The provocative novel is brimming with salacious encounters, and is fully stocked with enough twists and turns to keep readers engrossed. The book is not your conventional love story, and I would describe it as a dark romance, sprinkled with mystery. The story is told in the first-person perspective and alternates between Alexandra Fisher and Patrick Harrington, enabling readers to immerse themselves in each character's psyche. Readers will immediately note the stark contrast between narratives cleverly penned by the author.

The most memorable part of the book was its ability to evoke emotion and infiltrate my thoughts long after I had finished reading it. After an exhaustive pursuit of Alexandra's heart, I was elated when Patrick had finally begun to make some headway. The couple seemed to have undeniable chemistry, and their courtship was a pleasure to experience. On the contrary, there were times when I was so disgusted by Patrick's incorrigible behavior that I had to put the book down. I recoiled at the instances of blatant misogyny. I felt myself becoming enraged by the condescending ways he spoke to Alexandra.

The author expertly crafted a novel portraying the realities of power and abuse in relationships. Being courted by a seasoned gaslighter, Alexandra was doomed from the beginning as she fell for Patrick's grandiose gestures. On the surface, he appeared to treat her like a princess, showering her with gifts and being an attentive lover. Still, he was chipping away at her confidence so stealthily that she didn't notice until it was too late.

The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the way the book wrapped up. In comparison to the steady pace of the majority of the book, the ending felt rushed. Even more confusing, the chapters entitled "Harrington" and "Alexandra" were replaced with "Fisher" and "Patrick," which left me perplexed. Despite the hurried conclusion, the rest of the book was flawless. With only a few minor grammatical errors, I chose to give this book a rating of four out of four stars.

A caveat to readers: this book contains highly erotic content that is tinged with violence, and it is not recommended to young readers. If you are a fan of psychological thrillers infused with racy scenes, Fix will not disappoint!

Fix
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amberlily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberlily.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Amberlily »

I'm glad that books like this exist. While reading a happy romance story always feels nice, they aren't always realistic. Books like this one show the harsh reality that can come with love and lust. Not every handsome rich man is a good man. I like how the title suggests addiction, and at first I thought of drugs. While it isn't drug related, it is very similar with the way the addiction is presented. I might give this one a try.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

The perplexing ending sounds puzzling... Thanks for your interesting review.
Jennifer2020
Currently Reading: The Cat Man
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Jennifer2020 »

Thanks for the heads up about the misogyny in this one. Sometimes when reading a romance I like to get a bit outraged at a male character's behaviour, but then I want the payoff of them being called out on it. Otherwise it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Stephanie Elizabeth

Amberlily wrote: 13 Feb 2020, 12:51 I'm glad that books like this exist. While reading a happy romance story always feels nice, they aren't always realistic. Books like this one show the harsh reality that can come with love and lust. Not every handsome rich man is a good man. I like how the title suggests addiction, and at first I thought of drugs. While it isn't drug related, it is very similar with the way the addiction is presented. I might give this one a try.
Thanks for your comment--I appreciate it!
Stephanie Elizabeth

Cecilia_L wrote: 13 Feb 2020, 14:23 The perplexing ending sounds puzzling... Thanks for your interesting review.
Thanks!
Stephanie Elizabeth

Jennifer2020 wrote: 13 Feb 2020, 18:31 Thanks for the heads up about the misogyny in this one. Sometimes when reading a romance I like to get a bit outraged at a male character's behaviour, but then I want the payoff of them being called out on it. Otherwise it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I think this one will be worth reading, then!
Amy747
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy747.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Amy747 »

I know all too well these type of men, so stories of this nature really turn me off. It sounds like the author has done a good job of portraying this type of relationship though.
xoxoAnushka
Favorite Book: "Better dead than divorced"
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xoxoanushka.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by xoxoAnushka »

You've portrayed this review very well. I am really into romance genre, and I might give this one a try.
Maríe Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Maríe Wamakima »

Cecilia_L wrote: 13 Feb 2020, 14:23 The perplexing ending sounds puzzling... Thanks for your interesting review.
Yeah, I agree it does. Maybe the author had to meet deadlines. Haha. But this is a great review.
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
Stephanie Elizabeth

Amy747 wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 07:49 I know all too well these type of men, so stories of this nature really turn me off. It sounds like the author has done a good job of portraying this type of relationship though.
Thanks for your comment.
Stephanie Elizabeth

xoxoAnushka wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 11:27 You've portrayed this review very well. I am really into romance genre, and I might give this one a try.
Thanks!
Niv123
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nivi-gideon.html
Latest Review: Returning fire by Linda rhoutsong

Post by Niv123 »

This review gives me the gist I wanted on the book! Thank you for the post script as well, it really does help to know what you're getting into before you do. Great review
Stephanie Elizabeth

Nivi Gideon wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 02:53 This review gives me the gist I wanted on the book! Thank you for the post script as well, it really does help to know what you're getting into before you do. Great review
Thank you; I hope you enjoy it!
Salma_asa
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-asa.html
Latest Review: Child of the Sun Complete Edition by Michael Van Cleve

Post by Salma_asa »

Romantic novels are not my cup of tea, but this book sounds like a thriller. I think it’s worth giving a try. Your review was very helpful!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”